Connect from off-campus to the campus network via Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Access to Shared Drive files from university equipment while not on campus.
- Access to specific pieces of institutional software while not on campus.
- Allows remote desktop access to on-campus systems.
- Can be used to allow access through certain firewalls.
- Utilize the instructions below to ensure your university computer has VPN installed.
- Check to see if access needs to be requested or if it is granted as a condition of employment in the Requirements section below.
- University employees have VPN access as a condition of their employment, no request is needed.
- If student employees need VPN access, please submit an access request at uwo.sh/service-portal
VPN – Install and Connect Non-Campus Mac – KnowledgeBase
VPN – Install and Connect Campus-Owned Mac – KnowledgeBase
VPN – Install and Connect Non-Campus Windows Device – KnowledgeBase
VPN – Install and Connect Campus-Owned Windows Device – KnowledgeBase