Students in the IWM major learn:
- How to create and evaluate interactive user experiences involving user-generated content, social media and collaborative technologies.
- Create and manipulate digital content and multimedia, including text, images, video and graphics for specific audiences.
- Design and program software applications and manage software development projects
- Run and manage a website, including making decisions about: hosting, domain names, architecture (server-side vs. client-side), content delivery networks, appropriate use of cloud computing, availability, security, etc.
- Understand how adoption of emerging technologies can support business strategy and performance
- Apply online marketing/advertising/PR strategies, including: search engine optimization, social network penetration, user analytics, and other methods to aid audience engagement, branding, and promotion for an organization
- Understand data-related issues, including collection, analysis, privacy, ethical use, and security.