1. Determine McNair Program eligibility
2. Write and edit personal statement
Your typed personal statement/essay should be two pages, double-spaced, and answer the following questions/prompts:
- Discuss your short- and long-term career goals and how a graduate degree will help you achieve these goals.
- Based on what you know about the McNair Program, why do you wish to become a McNair scholar?
- What personality characteristics do you feel you possess that make you ideally suited for a program like McNair, which requires incredible dedication and participation in numerous workshops and seminars?
- What prospective research topic(s) or areas do you wish to explore as a McNair Scholar at UWO?
- Describe any academic work (classes, research, and internships) and/or experiences that have prepared you for dedicating a summer to your research?
You will attach your personal statement to your application when you you submit it in step 4.
3. Fill out Eligibility and Earnings Certification
4. Complete application
When you submit your application, you will attach your personal statement and tax return as well as identify two individuals to provide a recommendation for you. Please make sure you have completed all of the above before starting your application.