For the older version of Malwarebytes go here.
We recommend that you understand the difference between anti-virus and anti-malware.
- Click the following link to download MalwareBytes
- Once it’s downloaded, run and install it. Make sure to uncheck “Enable Free Trial of MalwareBytes PRO” when prompted
3. After opening and running an update you should go to the “Scan” section and select “Custom Scan”, then click “Scan Now”
4. Under the custom configuration select:
Scan memory objects
Scan Startup and Registry Settings
Scan for RootKits
And select your C: drive then “Start Scan”
5. You will see the scan running
6. Afterwards you will see the files that were detected, make sure to select “Quarantine All” then “Apply Actions”
7. After that you will see this screen, select “view detailed log”
8. It may ask you to restart your system, click “yes”
9. After the scan runs you need to remove the infected items. Go to “History” tab, and select “Delete All”
10. After you deleted everything locate the “Application Logs” and double click on the “Scan Log”
11. The scanning history log allows you to export and copy to clipboard. We recommend copying to clipboard then pasting it to an email.
12. If you want to export, make sure to export as a text file.
13. Save the file somewhere accessible.
14. After you export you should get a confirmation box.
15. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the log file attached or copied to it.