Rules of Thumb
- If a device has a built-in ethernet port, it will most likely be able to receive a wired ethernet connection, if registered properly.
- If a device is a “Smart” device (excluding Smart TVs) it will most likely not work on campus (fans, lights, speakers, outlets, etc.).
- Roku Smart TVs do not have an ethernet port, and will not receive an internet connection on campus.
Devices that are compatible with Titan Wifi must be able to accept a username and password when connecting to wifi.
- Smartphones (Android, iPhone, Windows Phone)
- Laptop Computers (Windows, Mac, Chromebook)
- Wifi-Enabled Desktop Computers
Titan Wifi Guest
The guest network does not support online gaming with consoles.
All devices must be registered through UWO Portal before receiving a wired internet connection. Learn how to register a device here.
- Game Consoles
- Smart TVs
- Laptop/Desktop Computers
- USB Ethernet adapters
- Roku 3, 4, Ultra, Premiere +
- Amazon Fire Cube
- Apple TV
- Blu-Ray Players
These devices have no compatibility with campus networks, and will not work in the residence halls. If a device is not listed above, it likely will not work on campus.
- Wireless Printers
- Smart Speakers (Amazon Echo, Google Home)
- TV Streaming Devices (Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast, Roku Stick)