- Student Recital Application, available in the Music Office
- Program Order (Submit at least 2 weeks prior to recital)
- Recording Request (Submit at least 2 weeks prior to recital)
- Stage Work Order (Submit at least 2 weeks prior to recital)
- Stage Layout Form (PDF)
- Piano Tuning Request (Submit 3 weeks prior to recital)
- Paper programs will be printed by the music office for concerts or recitals, and will also be uploaded to our website calendar. Translations for student recitals will not be printed but can be downloaded with the program if provided.
- Submit a performance program to the Music Department Office via the “Program Order” form a minimum of 14 working days before your recital/concert date.
- You will be notified by email when a draft of the program is ready for you to proofread, within several working days after submission.
- Proofread the program with your applied instructor, making note of any changes, and respond by email to the Music Department Office. Corrections will be made and if time allows a final copy will be given to you for a final proofread. If time does not allow for a final proof, the original corrections to the program will be made. An email confirmation from your applied instructor is required for approval.
It is the performer’s responsibility to deliver a copy-ready design of your poster to UW Oshkosh Copy This!! or a duplicating facility of your choice. The Music Department does not pay to have student Junior/Senior/SFM/non-degree recital posters printed. Please be sure to include the date/time/location, “Free Admission” text, and the YouTube URL for the livestream: youtube.com/uwoshmusic
For all other concerts: Up to 20 posters will be paid from Music Department funds. Faculty are to use UMC services for design if needed; send the file to the music office for duplicating.
Please note: University regulations state that posters cannot be taped on bare walls. Bulletin boards within the Music Department are not for student use. However, students may hang posters on the push pin rail in stairwells or other general access bulletin boards.
Please send all posters to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval!
Student recitalists are allowed six (6) hours of Hall time for rehearsal. See Julie in the music office to be given access to the online calendar, and submit a Music Hall Request Form to reserve time. Keys for the Music Hall are to be picked up from Ashley just prior to your rehearsal time and returned immediately following rehearsal.
Students will be charged a $20 deposit when keys are picked up which will be refunded when keys are returned. NO EXCEPTIONS! This is to encourage prompt return of key(s) that are needed by other performers for their rehearsal time. Please observe Hall etiquette, i.e. NO SMOKING, EATING, etc.
Stage and Recording Work Orders
Completed Stage Work Orders and Recording Requests must be submitted to the Music Office two weeks (or earlier) prior to your recital.
Payment for your recording(s) must be submitted to the Music Office within two (2) business days of the submission of your Recording Request. If payment is not received within this time, the Recording Request will not be processed, and recording will not take place. Students will be notified by their campus email address when the recording(s) is ready for pick-up.
News Release Information
Students are encouraged to submit the following information to the Oshkosh Northwestern and their hometown newspaper as an event or news release 10 days prior to the recital:
- Your name
- Recital date
- Instrument/vocals performed
- Activities at UW Oshkosh and/or in the community
- Education and career plans
There is one 8-foot folding banquet table available for your use behind the last row of seats in the music hall. This table MUST be folded and returned to its storage place after your reception, or it runs the risk of being confiscated by Facilities.
If you have any further questions, please stop in the Music Department Office (AC N206) Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m or email email@example.com.