The Department of Music offers two wind band ensembles for student participation: Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble. Both groups are open to music majors and non-music majors alike. Selection is based on audition prior to or at the beginning of each semester. Each group performs two major concerts a semester as well as other occasional performances by invitation or as arranged. Involvement in either group carries one academic credit valid as an elective toward graduation in any degree program. Participation in either group is open to players of any instruments listed in the Audition Music section below (most instruments are available for loan from the university if needed).
Music 123. An ensemble of more than 70 instrumentalists performing a wide variety of musical styles and literature, the Symphonic Band provides an ideal opportunity for staying actively involved in music-making and for meeting new friends from across the entire campus. The music is geared to be interesting and challenging to all involved.
Music 121. The Wind Ensemble is a group of approximately 50 players dedicated to performing the finest wind literature from every musical era. In addition to performing in the full group, the Wind Ensemble provides opportunities for chamber music playing by drawing smaller groups from within the total ensemble.
Fall 2018 Audition Information
Welcome to the 2018 edition of the UW Oshkosh Bands! To prepare for your ensemble audition, please do the following:
- Download and print the audition information for your instrument (see below)
- Check the audition schedule for your instrument’s designated audition time block (click here for schedule)
- Beginning Monday, August 27, come to the A/C building, room N121 to sign up for an audition time during your instrument block
- If you can not attend your designated instrument block, contact Dr. Otto as soon as possible to set up an individual audition time
- If you need to check out a university instrument, contact Dr. Otto as soon as possible to set up a meeting time to do so
I am looking forward to hearing you all play, and am excited to start making music with you as soon as possible!
Fall 2018 Audition Music
*If you play an instrument that does not currently have a link to audition music, please email Dr. Devin Otto for assistance.
For more information about UW Oshkosh bands, please contact Dr. Devin Otto, Director of Bands at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, at (920) 424-7031 or by email at email@example.com.
UW Oshkosh Department of Music
800 Algoma Blvd.
Arts & Communication Center
Oshkosh, WI 54901