Nontraditional Student Honor Society
Each fall, UW Oshkosh invites the top adult nontraditional students to join the Omega Kappa Chapter of the Alpha Sigma Lambda national honor society. The induction ceremony takes place on the Friday of the first week of November during Nontraditional Student Week.
Omega Kappa is the UW Oshkosh chapter of Alpha Sigma Lambda, an honor society that partners with colleges and universities to celebrate the scholarship and leadership of adult students in higher education.
Omega Kappa was started in 2009 by the Division of Online and Continuing Education. Invitations are sent each year by the Division.
In order to earn membership, students must:
- Be a nontraditional undergraduate student seeking their first bachelor’s degree
- Be enrolled in at least six credits for the qualifying semester
- Have completed a minimum of 24 graded semester hour undergraduate UW Oshkosh credits. All 24 credits must be taken through and graded at UW Oshkosh and be included in your cumulative GPA.
- Have at least 12 credits from Liberal Studies courses or in Liberal Arts/Sciences at UW Oshkosh
- Have a minimum of a 3.20 GPA on a 4.0 scale
Members are selected from the highest 20 percent of the class. Omega Kappa is made up of students from all four colleges and the Division of Online and Continuing Education.
About Alpha Sigma Lambda (National)
Alpha Sigma Lambda is dedicated to the advancement of scholarship and recognizes high scholastic achievement in an adult student’s career. By so doing, this Society encourages many students to continue toward and to earn associate and baccalaureate degrees.
Through leadership born of effort, both scholastically and fraternally, Alpha Sigma Lambda inspires its candidates to give of their strengths to their fellow students and communities through their academic achievements.
To the newcomer in higher education, Alpha Sigma Lambda stands as an inspiration to scholastic growth and an invitation to associate with similarly motivated students.
Click here to visit the Alpha Sigma Lambda website.