Select Page

Graduation Project

Request Information

Contact Us
(920) 424-4474
(800) 633-1442

Visit us in Lincoln Hall!

Many of our students share the same thoughts and concerns about working with the Graduation Project and about returning to school. Browse our list of FAQs below. You can also contact a Graduation Project advisor by telephone at (920) 424-0469 or by email at

Q: What are the requirements to be part of the Graduation Project?

To qualify for the Graduation Project, you must:

•  Have stopped out of school for at least one semester.
•  Have earned at least 75 credits.
•  Have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade-point average.
•  Complete 15 of your last 30 credits at UW Oshkosh.

If this sounds like you, or if you have questions, contact the Graduation Project for help in getting started.

Q: Can I transfer in other credits?

Yes. Credits from UW Colleges and UW four-year institutions are transferable. Many credits from other accredited public or private institutions will transfer; however, your credits will need to be evaluated by an adviser to see how they will apply to your new academic plan.

Q: Can I finish in another state?

Students who cannot come to the UW Oshkosh campus have two completion options:

•  Online Degree Programs: There are nine fully online degree programs at UW Oshkosh, and students can complete these programs without ever having to step foot on campus.
•  Finishing course requirements at another institution: Campus policy requires all students to finish at least 15 of their last 30 credits at UW Oshkosh in order to graduate. Therefore, it is possible for students to complete 15 or fewer courses at another institution. These students transfer their new courses into UW Oshkosh to satisfy course requirements. These courses must have prior approval from UW Oshkosh to make sure they will count toward your degree program. Please contact the Graduation Project for more information at (920) 424-0469 or

Q: Will I have an academic advisor?

Yes! We believe that it is essential for you to receive the best academic plan to complete your degree successfully and in a timely manner. From the very beginning, you’ll be paired with an advisor who specialized in advising students who are returning to UW Oshkosh.

Q: What if I left UW Oshkosh under suspension?

We see many students who return to UW Oshkosh after leaving with suspension. To return to UWO, you simply need to appeal the suspension. The process to appeal is very straightforward. What the University is looking for is proof that the life circumstances you had when you were suspended have changed, and that you’re ready and able to return to school. Some students were in the wrong major, and they struggled with grades. Some students were distracted but now are ready to dig in. And others were going through a difficult time in their lives, but it is now past. Whatever the circumstances were for your suspension, we can help you through the application process to be readmitted.

Q: How much will it cost?

The cost of completing your degree will depend on how many credits you have left to take and whether you choose to an online or on-campus degree. For traditional, on-campus programs, you can visit the Student Accounts website to see tuition and fees. For online programs, visit the Online Degree page about tuition and fees.