Fire & Emergency Response Management Certificate
EARN YOUR FERM CERTIFICATE IN ONE YEAR!
Grow professionally with our online certificate.
The online Fire Services Management and Emergency Management certificates are for professionals who want to develop or improve management and leadership skills. The certificate is designed to benefit chiefs, assistant chiefs, captains, lieutenants, firefighters, paramedics, fire instructors and fire inspectors.
Fire Services Management (5 courses/15 credits)
- FERM 335: Fire & Emergency Services (3 cr.)
- FERM 351: Occupational Safety & Health in Emergency Services (3 cr.)
- FERM 401: Fire Prevention Organization & Management (3 cr.)
- FERM 402: Community Risk Reduction for Fire & Emergency Services (3 cr.)
- FERM 408: Management of Emergency Services (3 cr.)
Emergency Management (5 courses/15 credits)
- FERM 340: Introduction to Emergency Management (3 cr.)
- FERM 365: Politics of Emergency Management (3 cr.)
- FERM 366: Emergency Planning & Administration (3 cr.)
- FERM 341: Technology in Emergency Management (3 cr.)
- FERM 342: Disaster Operation & Decision Making (3 cr.)
There are some entrance requirements for certificate students. Prior to enrolling in the FERM certificate program, student must have completed the following requirements:
- Firefighter 1 and Firefighter 2 (can be completed at a technical or community college)
- At least two years of relevant work experience
If requirements are met, students can apply to the program by submitting the following application materials:
- An online application
- Unofficial Firefighter 1 and Firefighter 2 transcripts
- Signed letter from your chief confirming your work experience
- Official transcripts for any previous college-level coursework
Official transcripts can be mailed to:
University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
PO BOX 2423
Oshkosh, WI 54903-2423
Prior to submitting the online application, we encourage you to connect with an advisor for the FERM certificate program to make sure you understand the admissions requirements. Call (920) 424-0688 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re interested in this program or would like to know more, please contact UW Oshkosh at (920) 424-0688 or toll free at (800) 633-1442. You can also request information by completing this online form.