Boost your resume with an online certificate!
Employers want to hire workers who can demonstrate their skills.
These bite-sized certificates and courses are a great way to catch up, keep up and get ahead in your chosen field.
Non-Credit Certificate Programs
|New Media Marketing|
|Game Design||Registered Sanitarians|
|K-12 Teacher Training||Software Training|
Click Here for a complete list of certificates and courses.
Fast Facts about Online Certificates and Courses
- Each course lasts between one month and one year.
- We offer new courses each month — choose from a variety of start dates!
- Many certificate programs offer open enrollment, so you can start any time.
- Courses are completed 100 percent online.
- We provide comprehensive online learning tutorials and technical support for each class.
- We offer a variety of courses that are instructor-led or self-directed.
How the Course Works
After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. This may take up to three business days.
Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect:
Participate on Your Schedule
You can participate at any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate.
For the best learning, it is recommended that participants log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week. Start dates can be selected up to six weeks in advance.
Complete Weekly Tasks
For the instructor-led certificates and courses, you will:
- Access the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in a written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self-quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
For the self-directed certificates and courses, you must complete your work within the 5-6 weeks of the allotted time period unless other arrangements are made between you and your instructor. Your assignments can be handled on a rather open-ended deadline.
Participate in the Class Discussion
Only the certificates and courses that are lead by an instructor include online discussions. The discussion for each unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night. Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.