Professional Development Programs • Communication Intelligence
Understanding the distinction between Coaching, Consulting and Counseling (Virtual)
Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2020
8 – 10 a.m.
Instructor: Allison Garner, CPC, ACC, MBA
Cost: $75, $15 off if registered by Sept. 25
Save $15 if you register by Friday, Sept. 25.
Learn the tools you need to have the tough conversations with your teammates. Practice those skills so you may put them to work today! Delve into real-life topics so that you may tackle the problems that are brought to your attention, deal with strong personalities and create accountability within your team. You will leave with three tools to:
- Learn to empower your team to handle difficult situations.
- Establish how to set appropriate boundaries.
- Obtain the skills to have the difficult conversations.
This program will be provided 100% virtually. Materials will be sent to you in advance.
About the Instructor: Allison Garner, CPC, ACC, MBA
Allison is a leadership coach and consultant, founder of Align Coaching, LLC, and author of “Think Possible: The Light and Dark Side of Never Running Out of Ideas.” Her clients are visionaries, challengers of the status quo, and never run out of ideas. They use their coaching and consulting work with her to deepen their mastery of leadership, develop leaders within their organizations, build high performing teams and create cultures that humanize the workplace.
Prior to establishing Align Coaching, Allison was a chemical engineering consultant and vice president of a small engineering firm. After nearly 20 years of consulting work, which included both domestic and international clients, in the mostly male-dominated oil industry, Allison realized her heart’s ambition to do more meaningful work in the world through coaching. On the personal side, she has been married for 20 years and has two wonderful kids. In addition, she has served on several Boards of Directors, including being elected to the Oshkosh School Board for 9 years and has served as its Treasurer, Vice President and President.
What people say about this class:
- Best class I have taken!
- Very useful information and methods on communication
- Very interesting and helpful!
- Great content and seminar
- Presenter was good – real life, good humored
- I enjoyed working through scenarios and talking through options and alternatives
- I enjoyed learning ways to apply this to my personal and work life. Very relevant and informative.
- The case studies were great to go through as a group!
- It was useful & applicable in both personal and professional settings
- I really enjoyed the class. Gave me very good tools to deal w/ coaching team members. Learned its ok in certain instances to talk about emotion.
When participants were asked, “What was the best part of this program?” They replied:
- The three tools
- Discussion of “real-life” scenarios
- Trying to tie it to our actual problems at work
- Relating to our actual situations
- The interaction and problem solving
- The examples and talking through
- Good interaction – relevant examples
- Learning skills/objectives
- Peer brainstorming – sharing situations
- Using tools and discussing situations we deal with in our teams
- It was easy to see how everything could be applied in our day-to-day work.