Prepare for the ACT Exam!
NEW! Online offering – prepare in your pajamas
Fall & Winter: Saturday mornings on the UW Oshkosh Campus
|Online (Enroll Anytime)||Click here to register|
|Fall 2019: Oct. 12 - Nov. 16||Click here to register|
|Winter 2020: Jan. 11 - Feb. 15||Click here to register|
The ACT contains four curriculum-based tests that measure academic achievement in English, reading, math and science reasoning. Through the UW Oshkosh ACT prep program, you will strengthen your academic skills and learn test-taking strategies that will prepare you for the ACT. This course will help you gain acceptance to the college of your choice and receive academic scholarships.A strong performance on the ACT can make the difference in gaining admittance to or receiving financial aid for your top college choices. Give yourself the edge you need to direct your own future by attending the UW Oshkosh ACT Test Prep Course!
This program provides 12 hours of instruction in the four academic areas and teaches writing strategies to assist students in the essay part of the ACT exam. Participants will receive an orientation to the ACT and the opportunity to take two official retired ACT tests, as well as additional quizzes. The instructors will teach test-taking strategies for each of the components and for the entire test, and students will practice with printed materials where test-taking tips can be applied and reinforced. Finally, students will complete interactive skill drills in their individual deficit areas, which are measured by the diagnostic test.
- Take a full-length retired ACT test and receive detailed reports identifying specific strengths and weaknesses.
- Receive and utilize a textbook containing modules to focus on specific strategies, skills, and practice passages.
- Have access to five full-length tests to further practice the skills and strategies they learned.
- Take a full-length retired ACT post-test to determine growth and additional areas to focus on prior to taking the real exam.
Fall 2019 ACT Test Prep Course Schedule (Saturday mornings)
|Oct. 12||9 a.m. – Noon||Pre-Test|
|Oct. 19||9 a.m. – Noon||Reading|
|Oct. 26||9 a.m. – Noon||Science|
|Nov. 2||9 a.m. – Noon||Math|
|Nov. 9||9 a.m. – Noon||English|
|Nov. 16||9 a.m. – Noon||Post-Test|
Winter 2020 ACT Test Prep Course Schedule (Saturday mornings)
|Jan. 11||9 a.m. – Noon||Pre-Test|
|Jan. 18||9 a.m. – Noon||Reading|
|Jan. 25||9 a.m. – Noon||Math|
|Feb. 1||9 a.m. – Noon||English|
|Feb. 8||9 a.m. – Noon||Science|
|Feb. 15||9 a.m. – Noon||Post-Test|
Online ACT Test Prep Course Option
ACT SUCCESS Online offers the latest in technology to help students learn and prep for the ACT successfully. Depending on time, students can follow specific lesson plans to maximize their scores. From taking full-length practice tests to building core content skills and taking practice quizzes, students have everything they need in order to be confident that they can achieve their Personal A+™ on the ACT exam. You will also receive instructional videos from Jim Giovannini, nationally recognized author, of the ACT SUCCESS Series and Barron’s Educational Series. The videos will provide you with quick tips, tricks, and strategies to ensure you continue to maximize your score. Sign up anytime.
This next-generation, self-paced learning program lets you supplement your testing readiness activities with remote online instruction.
- ACT SUCCESS Online includes:
- One year of access to lessons and video tutorials.
- Two full-length ACT tests or mini-tests for pre/post-testing.
- Three additional full-length practice tests to practice the strategies and skills learned.
- Video tutorial by an expert instructor with over 35 years of experience to help focus on proven strategies.
- The ability to review and take a test on the strategies taught to ensure you are prepared for additional practice.
- The ability to review the most necessary skills tested.
- The fee for the online course is $200.
- Registration is ongoing.
- No textbooks are required.
- Note: Upon registration, it may take 3-5 business days for enrollment to be processed.
Upcoming ACT Test Dates
- 2019: Dec. 14
- 2020: Feb. 8, April 4, June 13 and July 18
Improve your ACT test score!
Through the UW Oshkosh ACT Prep Courses, students have improved their ACT Composite scores. The ACT Composite score is tallied on a scale up to 36 points.
- Winter 2018: The average class increase was 2.2 points.
- Fall 2017: The average class increase was 1.7 points.
- Winter 2016: The average class increase was 2.3 points.
$200 Fall 2019 or Winter 2020 Session
The fee includes the ACT SUCCESS textbook, official retired ACT pre- and post-tests, and analysis and instruction in the four content areas. Course materials are provided by the Academic Tutoring Center.
Class size is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. You will only be guaranteed a seat when your registration form and payment are received. We urge you to register early.
Credit and debit card payments will only be accepted electronically. OCE will no longer accept credit and debit card payments via phone, mail, or fax.
There are limited scholarships available. Please contact Jason Hubbard, Program Manager, for more information via email at email@example.com or via telephone at (920) 424-1131.
Questions: Call Online and Continuing Education at (920) 424-1129.
Registration Deadline: Your registration is requested 10 days prior to the start date of each program, or until the class has been filled, whichever comes first. After this date, please call Online and Continuing Education (920) 424-1129 to determine program availability.
Note: Fee payment must be received by the registration deadline.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received 10 full business days or more before the start of a program will receive a full refund, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations received less than 10 full business days before the program begins. UW Oshkosh reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment, as well as the right to limit enrollment due to excessive demand.
If you need special assistance and/or accommodations, please notify us at least 14 days in advance of the first session. All requests will be kept confidential.
UW Oshkosh is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution.