Join us Thursday, July 13 – Friday, July 14, 2023.
Grandparents University is a summer academy that brings grandparents and their grandchildren, ages 8–12, together for two fun-filled days of education and exploration.
Stay overnight in the Horizon Village residence hall, eat meals together at Blackhawk Commons and explore campus. Make memories together as you and your grandchild learn and grow.
Please join our mailing list for program updates.
Registration will open early January 2023.
Choose one of our exciting majors:
Learn what it takes to work with animals every day in various careers.
Amaze yourself as you transform various materials into a work of art!
Details of a fifth major will be announced soon!
Be a scientist by exploring the inside story of life through a microscope and the human body.
Program a small computer-light device and learn some basic cybersecurity concepts..
Two days of hands-on learning and fun
Grandparents and their grandchildren will attend courses within one of our five “majors,” have fun around campus and spend quality time with each other. Courses are exciting and appropriate for children ages 8–12. All lessons are taught by local professionals.
Program Fees: $160 each
UWO Housing: $80 for two participants, $160 for three to four participants
Program fees include:
- Lodging: Overnight stay in Horizon Village, one of UWO’s premiere residence halls. Housing in Horizon Village has suites with four bedrooms-two bathrooms and shared living and kitchen space and bathrooms. If you select two-person housing, you will be assigned suitemates. Each person has a separate bedroom with a twin bed. Parking on campus is included.
- Meals: Four meals in Blackhawk Commons (lunch and dinner on Thursday, breakfast and lunch on Friday).
- Courses: Engaging majors with hands-on activities, transportation to off-site activities and fun evening activities.
- Graduation: Enjoy a Titan-inspired graduation. Take home a commemorative t-shirt, water bottle and diploma.
- Please note: There is a lot of walking while on campus. Please let us know in advance if you need any accommodations. We are pleased to provide assistance.
Credit and debit card payments may only be accepted electronically. OCE may no longer accept credit and debit card payments via phone, mail, or fax.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (920) 424-1129.
Grandparents University® is a registered trademark originating at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and is used with permission.