UW Oshkosh Continuing Education
Youth Career Exploration Academy Scholarship Program
Scholarships are intended for lower income families to help defray the costs associated with our academies which strive to give all interested youth real life career exploration experiences.
- The numbers and amounts of scholarships are limited per academy.
- Only one scholarship (partial) allowed per participant per year.
- Scholarships are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Do not wait to apply.
To qualify for a scholarship, applicants MUST meet the criteria below:
- Priority will be given to applicants who provide proof that they qualify for free or reduced lunch in the K-12 system.
- Applicant MUST write a 150 – 200 word essay (in applicant’s own words) on why it is important for you to attend the academy which you are interested in. Please include your name and name/date of the academy.
- During the evaluation of the academy, participants who received scholarships will be required to write a short narrative about their experience at the academy and how attendance may have influenced their future career choice.
- A non-refundable contribution fee of $35 (paid by credit card) is required during the application/registration process.
- All parts of the application MUST be completed in order to finish the process.
If you do not meet the criteria above but still want to participate in an academy, visit the Academy Registration Page.
Scholarship Application/Academy Registration
- The online form covers both the scholarship application and the academy registration.
- The contribution fee that will be applied towards their scholarship mentioned previously is a $35 non-refundable fee that is required and will be applied to the academy’s total fee. If a participant should need to cancel, the contribution fee will be applied to cover administration fees.
Essay & Scholarship Communication
- The age and grade of the scholarship applicant will be taken into consideration when reviewing essay submissions.
- We will be in communication with all of the scholarship applicants via email regarding scholarship application materials received or missing and whether or not a scholarship has been awarded.
- Each scholarship application will be reviewed in the order in which it was received. It is our recommendation to have the scholarship application/academy registration submitted to us no later than 30 days prior to the start date of the chosen academy.
- Once your application has been received and acknowledged you will receive a decision in approximately two weeks.
PLEASE NOTE: Part of the scholarship/academy registration process will require you to upload the essay and reduced lunch documents.
If you have questions regarding any information above, the online scholarship/registration process or any of the academies, please do not hesitate to contact:
Kirsten Hebert – email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: (920) 424-4014 or
Judy Lloyd – email: email@example.com phone: (920) 424-1015
Scholarship Application Forms
Titan Saxophone Academy Scholarship Application
World Languages and Careers Academy Scholarship Application
Titan Timpani Academy Scholarship Application