Tech Titans Girls Cybersecurity Academy
Become a cyber defender!
High School Academy
Girls entering 9th-12th grade
Date: Monday, Aug. 2 – Friday, Aug. 6, 2021
Time: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Monday, Aug. 2 – Thursday, Aug. 5, 2021)
9 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Friday, Aug. 6, 2021)
COVID Testing: Monday, Aug. 2, 2021 from 8-8:30 a.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2021 from 8:15-8:45 a.m.
Girls entering 6th-8th grade
Date: Monday, Aug. 9 – Friday, Aug. 13, 2021
Time: 9 a.m – 4 p.m. (Monday, Aug. 9 – Thursday, Aug. 13, 2021)
9 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Friday, Aug. 13, 2021)
COVID Testing: Monday, Aug. 9, 2021 from 8-8:30 a.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 11, 2021 from 8:15-8:45 a.m.
- Basic ethical hacking
- Pen testing
- Capture the Flag
- Team-building activities
Professionals/mentors will be available during and after the academy. Participants receive workshop materials, academy t-shirt, lunch and snacks. No prior experience is necessary; all skill levels are welcome.
UWO Alumni receive a $25 discount at check out.
Location: UWO Sage Hall
Instructor: Michael Patton, MBA
- Testing: Participants must have a COVID test the first and third day of the academy. Testing is available for free on campus. A parent must be present for the test.
- Participants who test positive will be sent home immediately and receive a full refund.
- Participants who exhibit symptoms after arriving will be put in an isolation room and parents will have one hour to pick them up.
- If a test shows the participant is positive for COVID a full refund will be given.
- If they test negative, they may return to the academy.
- Masks: Masks must be worn by participants and instructors.
- Distancing: Students will be properly distanced in the classroom.
Michael Patton, MBA is a lecturer in the Information Systems department within the College of Business at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, Oshkosh Campus. He earned his MBA and Master of Science in Information Systems from UW Oshkosh and his bachelor of arts degree in in Political Science from the University of Iowa. He has held leadership positions in Information Systems for organizations of varied size and industry for over 20 years.