2019 Timpani Academy (Grades 9+)
July 9–11 | $250 for students | $325 for adults
Additional costs for housing
This academy provides a comprehensive timpani education to amateur percussionists, music educators and high school students. With focuses on fundamentals, sound concepts, maintenance, orchestral and wind ensemble interpretation, and solo repertoire, participants will gain knowledge through immersive masterclasses, clinics and performances.
Learn new techniques and fundamentals in:
- Ear training and intonation
- Legato, staccato, roll concepts and hand muting
- Phrasing and etudes
- Mallet consideration, selection and wrapping
- Timpani care and maintenance
- Solo repertoire
Save Money Through CAPP
We are excited to announce the UW Oshkosh Cooperative Academic Partnership Program (CAPP) is providing a $150 tuition voucher to high school students who complete this academy.
The tuition voucher is:
- Applicable for the 2019-2020 academic year for high school students whose schools offer UWO CAPP courses;
- Valid for one-time use, and cannot carry over to the next academic year nor any other program on campus;
- Unable to be used retroactively (previously completed CAPP courses); and
- Not available to those who register but do not complete the academy.
CAPP courses are a convenient and affordable way for high school students to earn concurrent high school and college credit, while developing key skills for future success. For more information about UW Oshkosh’s CAPP program, please visit uwosh.edu/capp.
Credit and debit card payments will only be accepted electronically. OCE may no longer accept credit and debit card payments via phone, mail, or fax.
Housing, Meals and Facilities
Students are housed in double rooms in an air-conditioned residence hall and are supervised by college student counselors through the duration of the academy. Participants are encouraged to sit together during meals in Blackhawk Commons for informal conversation. Instruction takes place in University Music Department facilities.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact UW Oshkosh Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (920) 424-1129.