2019 World Languages and Careers Academy
June 24-26, 2019 | Grades 9-12 who have at least two years of Spanish | Cost $330 plus housing
Explore how foreign language study enhance your education and career prospects at the World Languages and Careers Academy.
Students entering grades 9-12 who have completed at least two years of Spanish have a new and unique opportunity to take part in a three-day program that includes …
- Intensive language instruction and activities
- Career exploration with local business partners
- Unique immersion experiences
- Exposure to Spanish-speaking countries’ culture
- Residence hall living
UW Oshkosh staff provides opportunities for learning and using a foreign language and discovering how the study of foreign languages complements a wide range of academic subjects.
Academy Students will …
- Discuss with Wisconsin business partners how foreign language proficiency can enhance a number of career paths.
- Participate in conversation and cultural activities to round out each day’s events.
Eligibility: Students entering grades 9-12 who have completed at least two years of Spanish instruction.
Cost: $330 per student plus the cost of housing. The fee covers:
- Foreign language instruction and activities
- Career exploration opportunities
- Two breakfasts, three lunches, two dinners, daily snacks
- 24-hour supervision
- Two nights in a double, air-conditioned dorm room are available for an additional $50 ($25/night)
Save Money Through CAPP: We are excited to announce the UW Oshkosh Cooperative Academic Partnership Program (CAPP) is providing a $150 tuition voucher to high school students who complete this academy.
The tuition voucher is:
- Applicable for the 2019-2020 academic year for high school students whose schools offer UWO CAPP courses;
- Valid for one-time use, and cannot carry over to the next academic year nor any other program on campus;
- Unable to be used retroactively (previously completed CAPP courses); and
- Not available to those who register but do not complete the academy.
CAPP courses are a convenient and affordable way for high school students to earn concurrent high school and college credit, while developing key skills for future success. For more information about UW Oshkosh’s CAPP program, please visit uwosh.edu/capp.
Credit and debit card payments will only be accepted electronically. OCE may no longer accept credit and debit card payments via phone, mail, or fax.
Housing, Meals and Facilities: Students are housed in double rooms in an air-conditioned residence hall and are supervised by college student counselors through the duration of the academy. Academy participants are encouraged to sit together during meals in Blackhawk Commons for informal conversation in their target language. Instruction takes place in the newly renovated Clow Classroom Center, also the location of the Foreign Languages Multimedia Lab.
For more information, contact: UW Oshkosh Continuing Education at email@example.com or (920) 424-1129.