June 24-26, 2019
High school students have a new and unique opportunity to participate in an intensive foreign language learning experience and to find out how foreign language study enhances both educational and career paths at the World Languages and Careers Academy. View our FAQ page.
The three-day program offers:
- Intensive language instruction and activities
- Career exploration with local business partners
- Unique immersion experiences
- Exposure to Spanish-speaking countries’ culture
- Residence hall living
- Outdoor recreation
Eligibility: The Academy is open to high school students ages 15 to 18 who have completed at least two years of high school Spanish.
Cost: $330 per student. The fee covers:
- Foreign language instruction and activities
- Career exploration opportunities
- Two breakfasts, three lunches, two dinners, daily snacks
- 24-hour supervision
- Two nights in a double, air-conditioned dorm room are available for an additional $50 ($25/night)
We are excited to announce the UW Oshkosh Cooperative Academic Partnership Program (CAPP) is providing a $150 tuition voucher to high school students who complete this academy.
The tuition voucher is:
- Applicable for the 2019-2020 academic year for high school students whose schools offer UWO CAPP courses;
- Valid for one-time use, and cannot carry over to the next academic year nor any other program on campus;
- Unable to be used retroactively (previously completed CAPP courses); and
- Not available to those who register but do not complete the academy.
CAPP courses are a convenient and affordable way for high school students to earn concurrent high school and college credit, while developing key skills for future success. For more information about UW Oshkosh’s CAPP program, please visit uwosh.edu/capp.
Credit and debit card payments will only be accepted electronically. OCE may no longer accept credit and debit card payments via phone, mail, or fax.
Academy Activities: UW Oshkosh staff provide opportunities for learning and using a foreign language and discovering how the study of foreign languages complements a wide range of academic subjects. Students have the opportunity to work with different media in a new state-of-the-art computer lab and to participate in activities designed to improve language skills. Wisconsin business partners will discuss with students how foreign language proficiency can enhance a number of career paths. Conversation and cultural activities round out each day’s events.
Housing, Meals and Facilities: Students are housed in double rooms in an air-conditioned residence hall and are supervised by college student counselors through the duration of the academy. Academy participants are encouraged to sit together during meals in Blackhawk Commons for informal conversation in their target language. Instruction takes place in the newly renovated Clow Classroom Center, also the location of the Foreign Languages Multimedia Lab.
For more information, contact: UW Oshkosh Continuing Education at email@example.com or (920) 424-1129.