degree seeking students
UW Oshkosh offers nearly 250 majors, minors and emphases in programs recognized nationally for excellence. Students participate in hands-on research opportunities as early as their freshman year. And with faculty and staff who put students at the heart of all that they do, you’ll be able to thrive, grow and get the personalized support you need to reach your goals.
GOOD THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES.
Oshkosh is ranked as the No. 1 best college town and the No. 4 most livable small city in the United States. We don’t need national rankings to tell us how awesome it is to live in Wisconsin’s Event City, but we sure do like to hear that others think we’re great, too!
INVEST IN YOUR FUTURE
International students wishing to study in the USA should be able to focus on their education rather than worrying about how to pay for it.
Scholarships are gifts of money that do not need to be repaid, provided the enrollment period is completed. Explore the following scholarships for more information.
UW Oshkosh International Student Scholarships
Bachelor’s students who will complete a full degree at UW Oshkosh, who demonstrate a commitment to their own educational development, and who commit to using their education and skills to contribute to their community may be eligible for the UW Oshkosh International Student Scholarship. Scholarships range from $1,875 – $7,500 dollars per year based on full-time enrollment.
- International Student Need-based Scholarship Application
- Short essay (essay requirements are described in the application document)
- Financial documents (financial document requirements are described in the application document)
Eligibility to apply: The following non-resident students are eligible to apply:
- An applicant for F-1 or J-1 status (outside the U.S.)
- A student in F-1 or J-1 status
- A citizen of the U.S. who’s legal residence is outside the U.S.
- Applicants for political asylum will be considered for a non resident tuition remission on a case-by-case basis.
Eligibility to receive a Scholarship: Clearly demonstrated financial need
Application Deadline: The application must either be submitted prior to admission or must be submitted when applying to UW Oshkosh for your Immigration Document needed to apply for a U.S. visa. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Continuing students are only eligible to submit a new or adjusted Scholarship Application if they can provide written evidence that their financial situation/their sponsors financial situation has changed significantly. In addition applicants have to prove that this change was “unforeseeable” and “beyond the applicants and/or the sponsors control”.
To apply: Submit application documents to ISS@uwosh.edu.
UW Oshkosh Scholarships
UW Oshkosh has a searchable scholarship database that features scholarships for everyone.
Only students who are admitted into UWO can apply for them. Adhere to application deadlines to ensure consideration.
We’re happy that you are considering applying to UW Oshkosh! If you have any questions as you go through the application process, please contact the international admissions counselor at email@example.com or at +1-920-424-3164. All applications will be submitted on the International Admissions website.
UW Oshkosh evaluates applications as they are received. Applications will continue to be evaluated until slots for their incoming class are filled.
Applicants who have not submitted all required application documents in time to schedule a visa appointment may continue their application for the next semester.
ESTIMATED EXPENSES | FALL 2021-SPRING 2022
Every August, tuition and fees, housing, meal and insurance fees are updated.
Estimates may change for students beginning after August.
||Fond du Lac Campus
||Fox Cities Campus
|Full-time Tuition and Fees||$15,328*||$12,852||$12,852|
|All-Access Meal Plan||$3,430|
|Books and Student ID||$1000||$1,010||$1,010|
Fees payable to UW Oshkosh include tuition & fees, housing, meals (semester only), books, student ID and health insurance. The housing fee is based on the lowest-cost accommodation in double rooms on the UW Oshkosh campus and includes the housing deposit. All students must purchase the UW Oshkosh insurance plan to be in compliance with U.S. Immigration policy and UW Oshkosh requirements.
APPLY FOR IMMIGRATION DOCUMENTATION
(I-20 OR DS-2019)
Please begin this step after applying for admission.
- Application to Receive Form I-20 or Form DS-2019 signed by the applicant AND by all (if any) financial sponsors. ALL applicants complete this form regardless of the source of funding. This is the same form that you used if you applied for a Scholarship “Need-based Scholarship Application”.
- Evidence of Financial ResourcesDocument requirements are explained on the Application to Receive Form I-20 or Form DS-2019.
- Copy of the biographical page of your passport , if you have one.
- If you plan to bring one or more dependents (spouse/children) with you to the U.S., request the “Dependent Application” BEFORE you complete the Application to Receive Form I-20 or Form DS-2019.
UW Oshkosh will issue a Form I-20 or DS-2019 only after admission by the Admissions Office and verification of adequate financial resources as required by federal regulations. UW Oshkosh encourages the enrollment of qualified international students in suitable programs and seeks to attract students whose academic potential has already been recognized in their home countries. An international student is classified for educational purposes as a person who is a citizen or permanent resident of a country other than the United States. UW Oshkosh is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students. The Office of International Education is responsible for ensuring that the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh complies with all applicable laws set forth by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Department of State, and other government agencies.
Share Biographical and Health Information
You may begin this step before you receive an admissions letter or before you receive an I-20, or you may wait to hear the results of your Application for Admission and your I-20 before beginning. If the application deadline is soon, consider submitting these documents as soon after you have completed the above list as possible.
- Student Health Form completed by a doctor or other appropriate health provider
- Copy of the biographical page of your passport, if you have not already submitted this.
- Copies of previously issued U.S. Visas (if you have been given a U.S. visa in the past)
- Copies of previously issued I-20’s or DS-2019’s. (if you have been in the U.S. on an F-1 or J-1 visa in the past)