The English Language Assistance Program supports students who speak English as a second language (ESL).
English language tutoring is available for students to help process course material, improve English speaking and understanding of English grammar.
The English Language Assistance Program helps students:
- make connections between concepts
- comprehend cultural background
- interpret course assignments
- understand the basics of pronunciation
- feel more confident giving presentations
- learn how to participate in the classroom
- gain a better understanding of subject/verb agreement, plurals and tenses
To schedule an appointment with Amy Jacobson, Inbound Academic Coordinator by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNDERGRADUATE ADVISING RESOURCE CENTER
The Undergraduate Advising Resource Center (UARC) is comprised of professional advisors who serve as a resource to students, whether they are choosing a major, signing up for classes, reading an advisement report and more.
Free tutoring for most classes is available through UARC. Students also have access to faculty–not teaching assistants–for questions about course material, career direction and academic opportunities.