The Graduation Project for Returning Students
Sometimes life takes a turn. Maybe you were just a few credits away from completing your degree when circumstances changed and you left the University without graduating. UW Oshkosh is looking for returning adult students like you.
We invite you to come back, graduate and join the ranks of our proud alumni by achieving your bachelor’s or associate degree.
To qualify for the Graduation Project, you must:
- Have stopped out of school for at least one semester
- Have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade-point average
- Complete at least 15 of your last 30 credits at UW Oshkosh
If you are working toward your bachelor’s degree, you must have achieved 75 or more credits toward bachelor degree requirements.
Connect with the Graduation Project at (920) 424-0496 or email email@example.com.
Finding the Right Program
Many Graduation Projects students choose to finish the degree they started. Others choose a new major. We can help you find the best fit for your schedule and professional interests. UW Oshkosh offers on campus and online options.
Finish as Quickly as Possible
Helping you find the quickest path to graduation is our speciality. Each Graduation Project student has a unique history. We will work through your transcripts (from UW Oshkosh and other institutions you’ve attended), and we will show you the quickest way to finish your degree. There are no short cuts when you seek a quality degree, but there are special considerations for Graduation Project Students. We advocate on your behalf and match you with academic support and student services.
You can finish your Associate Degree at UW Oshkosh
Whether you want to complete your degree by attending classes on campus in Oshkosh, off-site or online, UW Oshkosh has solutions for you. The Graduation Project staff will offer advice about the best way to come back to school and finish your Associate Degree at UW Oshkosh. We will connect you with helpful people and the programs you need.
To earn your associate degree, you must complete all of the following requirements. Speak with the Graduation Project advisor to get additional details and options for each of the following requirements:
- A minimum of 60 credits
- A grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 or higher.
- Specific course work completed:
- 9 Credits of writing (a specific list of English classes courses is available)
- 3 Credits of Math/PBIS (a specific list of math courses is available)
- 3 Credits from Communications 111
- 2 Credits from Kinesiology 105
- Coursework from the approved University Studies Program (general education courses) (a specific list of courses is available)
Getting Started as an Associate Degree Student
Speak to a Graduation Project advisor today to get step-by-step help on the application process. To finish your Associate Degree at UW Oshkosh, you will need to apply for re-admission. You may register as a new user and use the electronic application.
In the “reason for applying” field, choose undergraduate degree. In the “applying as” field, choose apply as a re-entry student.When asked to choose a major, choose Interdisciplinary Studies then choose Associate of Arts (AA). Note: there is no application fee as a re-entry student.
Did you attend a different institution since attending UW Oshkosh?
We need official transcripts sent to UW Oshkosh. Contact your previous school(s) and send them to us at:
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh-Admissions Office
PO Box 2423
Oshkosh, WI 54903-2423
For More Information…
For more information, contact Jenny Jensen, graduation project coordinator, at (920) 424-0496. You can also request more information by filling out our prospective student form for the Graduation Project. We’ll connect with you shortly!
Frequently Asked Questions
Many of our students share the same thoughts and concerns about working with the Graduation Project and about returning to school. Browse our list of FAQs below. You can also contact a Graduation Project advisor by telephone at (920) 424-0496 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: What are the requirements to be part of the Graduation Project?
To qualify for the Graduation Project, you must:
• Have stopped out of school for at least one semester.
• Have earned at least 75 credits.
• Have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade-point average.
• Complete 15 of your last 30 credits at UW Oshkosh.
If this sounds like you, or if you have questions, contact the Graduation Project for help in getting started.
Q: Can I transfer in other credits?
Yes. Credits from UW Colleges and UW four-year institutions are transferable. Many credits from other accredited public or private institutions will transfer; however, your credits will need to be evaluated by an adviser to see how they will apply to your new academic plan.
Q: Can I finish in another state?
Students who cannot come to the UW Oshkosh campus have two completion options:
• Online Degree Programs: There are nine fully online degree programs at UW Oshkosh, and students can complete these programs without ever having to step foot on campus.
• Finishing course requirements at another institution: Campus policy requires all students to finish at least 15 of their last 30 credits at UW Oshkosh in order to graduate. Therefore, it is possible for students to complete 15 or fewer courses at another institution. These students transfer their new courses into UW Oshkosh to satisfy course requirements. These courses must have prior approval from UW Oshkosh to make sure they will count toward your degree program. Please contact the Graduation Project for more information at (920) 424-0496 or email@example.com.
Q: Will I have an academic advisor?
Yes! We believe that it is essential for you to receive the best academic plan to complete your degree successfully and in a timely manner. From the very beginning, you’ll be paired with an advisor who specialized in advising students who are returning to UW Oshkosh.
Q: What if I left UW Oshkosh under suspension?
We see many students who return to UW Oshkosh after leaving with suspension. To return to UWO, you simply need to appeal the suspension. The process to appeal is very straightforward. What the University is looking for is proof that the life circumstances you had when you were suspended have changed, and that you’re ready and able to return to school. Some students were in the wrong major, and they struggled with grades. Some students were distracted but now are ready to dig in. And others were going through a difficult time in their lives, but it is now past. Whatever the circumstances were for your suspension, we can help you through the application process to be readmitted.
Q: How much will it cost?
The cost of completing your degree will depend on how many credits you have left to take and whether you choose to an online or on-campus degree. For traditional, on-campus programs, you can visit the Student Accounts website to see tuition and fees. For online programs, visit the Online Degree page about tuition and fees.
Contact us to get back on track to graduation!
Students who are interested in returning to UW Oshkosh can get started by speaking to the Graduation Project coordinator, Jennifer Jensen.
Graduation Project Coordinator
Phone: (920) 424-0496
Online Degree Programs
Lincoln Hall, Second Floor
608 Algoma Blvd.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.