Leadership Development Certificate
Boost your career potential with a certificate!
Leadership development is a topic that crosses all sectors and industries. Employment trends in the public and private sectors indicate that employers are looking for employees who can lead and manage in an ever-evolving environment. Enroll in the Leadership Development certificate with just six courses and boost your career potential!
Leadership development is a topic that crosses all sectors and industries. Employment trends in the public and private sectors indicate that employers are looking for employees who can lead and manage in an ever-evolving environment. Enroll in the Leadership Development certificate and boost your career potential!
Core Courses (Three courses/Nine credits)
The core Leadership Development certificate courses lay the groundwork for building leadership skills. Focusing on leadership and communication studies, the core courses build on soft skills that employers demand. Students are required to complete the following courses:
- Liberal Studies 209: Critical Thinking and Writing
- Liberal Studies 230: Introduction to Leadership
- Liberal Studies 270: Writing with a Purpose
Elective Courses (Three courses/Nine credits)
Students select the remaining three courses from a list of available options. Select a topic that is most interesting to you, or choose to focus on an area that you want to improve. Choose three courses from this list:
- Liberal Studies 335: Transformative Leadership
- Liberal Studies 336: Collaborative Leadership Dynamics
- Liberal Studies 337: Conflict Resolution: Negotiation, Mediation and Arbitration
- Liberal Studies 338: Mentoring and Development
- Communication 380: Introduction to Organizational Communication Studies
- Public Administration 364: Administrative Leadership and Behavior
How much will it cost?
Budgeting for your certificate is manageable with our standard tuition rate for all professional certificate courses, $360 per credit. Courses taken outside of your professional certificate requirements may have additional fees.
How long will it take?
Thanks to our accelerated seven-week course format, this professional certificate can be completed in as little as a year depending on your personal and professional obligations.
Online Degree Programs
Lincoln Hall, Second Floor
608 Algoma Blvd.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.