Open Meeting Calendar
- This event has passed.
Academic Policies Committee
May 21, 2020 @ 3:10 pm - 4:10 pm
Video Conference Call
ACADEMIC POLICIES COMMITTEE
May 21, 2020
Meeting held through Microsoft Teams:
Please contact April Dutscheck with questions
Please contact April for a calendar meeting invite to attend via Teams.
I. Call to order
II. Approval of Minutes of May 7, 2020 [Found in one drive for members]
III. Unfinished Business –[TABLED at 5-7-2010 APC Meeting] [Found in One Drive as Old Business -ITEM 5]
1. COEHS: Teaching and Learning -Secondary Educations: Human Kinetics and Health Education – Change the previous required courses within a general education program to requiring students to ‘complete a general education program.
IV. New Business
A. Forms C – [Found in One drive for members]
1. COB – Business Core: Add new course BUS 440 as a requirement
2. COB – Business Minor: Reduce and alter the required courses
3. COEHS – Teaching & Learning – Bilingual Certificate – Create a licensable bilingual certificate
4. COEHS – Teaching & Learning – ESL Certificate – Create a licensable ESL certificate
5. Unfinished Business item
6. COLS: AAS Degree – Revise current UWO Oshkosh Associate of Arts and Science Degree standards
7. COLS: Criminal Justice Minor – Create a CJ minor with 6 credits of 200 or lower courses & 15 credits of 300 or higher classes.
8. COLS: Engineering Technology – Environmental Monitoring Certificate –Create a new certificate requiring 9+ credits including two of either EGRT 201 and/or EGRT 202 and/or EGRT 203 and EGRT 374 and EGRT 397
9. COLS: International Studies – Global Scholar – Global Scholar Certificate –Create a new certificate housed within International Studies
10. COLS: International Studies – Global Scholar – Global Scholar Option Certificate – Add INTRNTL 490 as 0-credit to option
11. COLS: Journalism – Multimedia Journalism & Public Relations – Advertising Emphasis – Remove media studies minor as an option for Journalism department majors
12. COLS: Kinesiology – (MS) in Athletic Training – Update the admissions
requirements from a C or better in all prerequisite courses to include grades of Pass in P/F courses during the COVID Pandemic only
13. COLS: Master of Arts (MA) in English – Non-Thesis Option – Revise a
seminar project and to take a written exam, followed by a defense-style conversation with their three-person committee as an alternate to the thesis.
14. COLS: Master of Science (MS) in Psychology – Cognitive & Affective
Emphasis – Reorganization of the required/core & elective courses (remove, eliminate, add, and rename)
15. COLS: Radio, TV, and Film – Add RTF 325 and RTF 326 to elective list for majors
16. COLS: Women’s and Gender Studies Major & Minor – Adds JOURN/WAGS 259Q2 to elective course list for “Arts and Humanities” disciplinary category
17. CON: DNP Program – Master’s to DNP – Add Nursing 804, 806, 808, and 810 to curriculum; remove NURSING 890
B. Program Review/Endorsement – [Found in One drive for members]
Teaching & Learning Program Review Endorsement
V. Discussion Items
VI. Information Items