Video Conference Call
1. Welcome, Introduction of New Council Chair and New Members – Mike Ford (10 minutes)
2. Welcome, New Interim Director of Graduate Studies – Jordan Landry (5 minutes)
3. Approval of May 7, 2020 Council minutes – Mike Ford (1 minute)
4. Standing Committees Member Selection, & Graduate Council (GC) membership (20 minutes)
(See page 2 for committee composition and scope).
Discuss: Need for Distinguished Research Awards Committee? Need for Graduate Studies Travel Fund Review Committee?
Thank you to representatives who are already appointed:
–GC rep to APC – Cathy Toll
–GC rep to Course Arrangement & Delivery Implementation Team – Christine Roth
–GC rep to FDB – Marguerite Penick-Parks
Overview of committee charges from last year’s chairs, then select members for:
–CAC (No program reviews expected this AY)
Graduate Student Rep for GC: Looking for engaged students who are comfortable participating in the meeting. Send recommendations to Jordan Landry (landry) by 9/21.
5. Discussion Items (40 minutes)
a) Student Titan Employment Program (STEP) – Options for distributing $1,500
b) Update Council members’ voting alternates (or send to Dianne Parker (parkerd)) by 9/21.
c)Status of programs waiving admission testing requirement due to COVID-19.
d)Virtual commencement feedback / discussion and planning for in-person reception for Fall 2020 commencement.
e)Review of manuscript processing
6. CAC Action Items – Jordan Landry (1 minute)
7. Graduate Studies Office Business (13 mins)
a)Admissions update – Jordan Landry
b)Students electing alternate Spring grades – Jordan Landry
c)Graduate Assistant hiring process feedback – Dianne Parker
d)New e-Application feedback – Dianne Parker
8. Items from the Floor (as time permits)