Reeve Memorial Union
748 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI, 54901
Phone: (920) 424-3202
Mark H. Reinhard Memorial Leadership Scholarship
Mark H. Reinhard was born January 27, 1962 in northwestern Pennsylvania. He was raised on the Warren State Hospital grounds with his parents and five older siblings (three sisters and two brothers). His father was a psychiatrist and later the superintendent of the hospital. Experiences growing up at the hospital and traumatic injuries Mark sustained (broken legs and third degree burns on his torso and arms) in high school and college impacted his worldview. His concern for people struggling with illness and equality was evident the rest of his short life. Mark moved to Wisconsin with his parents in the early 1980’s and enrolled at UW Oshkosh. He was involved with the student union and Oshkosh Student Association (elected vice president in 1984). During his tenure he fought hard for student rights but set his mark by advocating for equality for blacks in South Africa. Some of his actions brought international media awareness to the cause of divestiture from South Africa and helped lead to the downfall of apartheid. Mark unexpectedly died May 1, 1995. His leadership and passion for equality lives on through his family, friends and this scholarship.
- Applicant must be an undergraduate student enrolled in at least six credits at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh at the time of application and at the time the award is disbursed
- Applicant must have completed at least 24 credits at the time of application
- Applicant must have at least one semester of undergraduate studies remaining after the semester of application
- Applicant must have a grade-point average of at least 2.25
- Applicant must submit a letter of reference from an individual familiar with the applicant’s leadership experience
For deadline and other information on this scholarship, click here.
Immediate Giving Opportunity
If you have questions or would like to inquire about making a gift to the University, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at (920) 424-2178.