October 23, 2014, 9:05 PM
JT’s Wash and Mart (751 Wisconsin St)
JT’s Wash and Mart was robbed at approximately 9:05 p.m. Subject was possibly armed with a handgun.
White male, approximately 5’10” – 6’0” with a thin build. The subject at the time of the robbery was wearing blue jeans, red bandana, black hoodie and gloves. Subject is reported to be possibly in their 20’s (age).
University Police are looking for witnesses or anyone who might have information about the incident. Please call (920) 424-1212 with any information.
If you have information about this crime or others and you would like to remain anonymous, please contact Winnebago County Wide Crime Stoppers at (920) 231-8477 or text IGOTYA and your crime tip to 274637, or go to: www.winnebagocrimestoppers.org and submit your text via the web.
Please use the UW Oshkosh Police Department CSO Safe Walk program when moving about late at night.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY INFORMATION
– Students, staff and faculty are always reminded to practice good personal safety habits and to maintain situational awareness.
– Report any incident as soon as possible.
– Do not display money.
– Plan ahead so that when you walk you are visible to other people.
– When walking choose open, well-lit, and well-traveled areas.
– When walking be aware of your surroundings at all times by making eye contact with passers-by and glancing occasionally behind you.
– If you sense that you are being followed, change directions or cross the street. If the person/vehicle persists, run to the nearest place where you will find other people and call for help.
– Go to a public place where you can call the police whenever you feel threatened.
– Always carry a cellular phone (charged) with the police as your number 1 speed dial choice.
– Consider carrying pepper spray and or a personal alarm.
– If you feel threatened remember to utilize the blue light emergency phones on campus. They are a direct link to the University Police Department.
– Do not engage in conversation with unknown individuals, especially if threatening language or insults have been used.
If you have any questions about personal safety, please contact the University Police at (920) 424-1212 (x1212 if on a campus phone system).