UW Oshkosh Police Department Hiring
UW Oshkosh Police Department lists our full-time employment opportunities at the following locations –
The UW Oshkosh Police Department recruits hires students all year long. A few things to note:
- UWOPD hires students who are studying any major.
- Students who are interested in applying must be enrolled in college with at least 6 credits (UWO Oshkosh, UWO Fox Cities, UWO Fond du Lac, Fox Valley Technical College, Marian University, etc. etc.)
- Opportunities we have available range from –
- Paid positions
- Community Service Officer – paid positions and paid internship opportunities
- Student Dispatcher – paid positions
- UWO Go Driver – paid positions
- Unpaid positions
- Crime Analyst
- Project Support Specialist
- Marketing & Social Media
- Emergency Management
- Paid positions
Community Service Officer (CSO) Job Description
The main purpose of a CSO is to ensure safety and protection by promoting an environment that is conducive to personal growth in an academic community setting. The CSO position is a non-sworn position that supports the mission of the UW Oshkosh Police Department.
All CSOs are trained to patrol the campus and perform a variety of duties including:
- assisting officers or staff members when requested
- responding to fire and medical calls
- enforcing parking regulations
- providing Safewalks and Saferides for community members (staff, faculty, students and guests)
- reporting any activities that are suspicious or illegal
- provide event security
- use proactive policing strategies to solve problems and develop programs
- provide residence hall security
The CSOs are uniformed personnel who wear a duty belt equipped with specific tools to help them perform their duties. They attend ongoing training in defense tactics, conflict resolution, CPR, event security, and a variety of other job specific topics. The CSOs are also equipped with radios that connect direct to UWOPD dispatch and the sworn personnel who are on-duty.
- Eligible for employment in the US
- At least 18 years of age
- No felony convictions
- Good verbal and written communication skills are preferred
- Ability to react quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Candidates must be of good character
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
There are currently several ways to apply:
- You can log into Handshake and click on “Community Service Officer” in the job section and then complete the application process through this system.
- You can download the application here, fill it out and mail it to
Community Service Officer Position
738 High Ave
Oshkosh, WI 54901
- You can stop in at the Police Department, request a copy of the application then complete it and return it or mail it in as described above.
- A preliminary background check is performed after the application is turned in to determine eligibility.
- After the background check, eligible candidates are invited for an interview.
- Successful candidates in the interview will be given a conditional offer of employment pending a background check, which will include a criminal history check and verification of student status and eligibility.
- The candidate may accept the conditional offer at this time and an orientation meeting is set up.
If you have questions about the application process please email us at email@example.com.