Join officers from local law enforcement agencies in Oshkosh for Run with the Cops presented by Star Protection & Patrol on Thursday, October 7. We will hit the lights all along the course for this fun-filled, community night 5K and interactive vehicle display event.
Thursday, October 7, 2021
5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – On-site registration & packet pick-up
5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. – Law Enforcement Vehicle Expo
6:30 p.m. – Kids’ Run
7:00 p.m. – Kids and Cops Donut Hole Eating Contest
7:30 p.m. – 5K Run/Walk
Free parking is available in all non-reserved commuter, faculty or employee parking spaces at UW Oshkosh during this event. Check out the UWO Parking map here.
5K Run/Walk – $25.oo
Kid’s Dash/Obstacle Course – $15.00
Once registered online, you’ll have your own personal fundraising page that you can share with family and friends via email or Facebook. Continue fundraising to reach incentives, by doing so, you will change our athletes’ lives.
Road Closure Information –
Road Closures & Areas of Congestion
- Pearl Avenue will close from Osceola Street to Rockwell Avenue beginning at 4:30pm. This section of road will remain closed until about 9pm.
- High Avenue from Vine Ave to Osceola St will close starting at 7:15pm and the areas on High Ave between Woodland Ave and Rockwell Ave will remain closed until about 9pm.
- Other areas outside of Woodland Ave to Rockwell Ave will reopen once runners are clear from this area on the run course.
- The area between W. New York and Vine Ave is open for residents of that area, coordinated by officers.
- Algoma Blvd at Elmwood Ave will close at 7:15pm and remain closed until about 9pm.
- People who are parked in a lot between Algoma Blvd/Wisconsin St and Algoma Blvd/Vine Ave will need to move vehicles before 7:15pm or they may be stuck in this area until about 8:00 p.m.
- When runners clear the initial portion of the course (High Ave to Rockwell Ave) personnel will guide vehicles onto High Ave so they can leave the campus.
- The 5K course will affect portions of other area roads (Elmwood Ave, W. Irving Ave, Vine Ave, Woodland Ave, Rockwell Ave and Osceola St) starting at 7:15pm.
- The 5K course will also take place off the roadway for a portion of the run.
- This starts at the sidewalk between Albee Hall and Reeve Union where the run will proceed between those two buildings, up the mall sidewalks from Reeve Union toward the Arts and Communications building passing Albee, Polk, Dempsey, Oviatt, Harrington, Halsey, Swart and Arts and Comm.
The Oshkosh Police Department, along with several other area departments, will help direct participants and guests through the area of the event. Travel in this area from 7pm – 9pm will be congested and delays will occur.
1pm – Event setup begins
4pm – A larger than normal presence of Emergency Personnel and squad cars will arrive and be on campus.
4:30pm – Pearl Ave between Rockwell Ave and Osceola St will close and stay closed until 9pm
5pm – Event registration and interactive vehicle display begins
6:30pm – Kids 1K run on Pearl Avenue (some road closures begin in this area)
7:30pm – 5K Run/Walk throughout the core campus (road closures will affect a large portion of the campus and near campus areas)
9pm – Event ends
Event Special Details
There will be between 30 and 40 squad cars in the area to support this event. The squad cars will be strategically placed throughout the run course area to light the run and guide the participants. They will have their lights activated during the run. The activated lights create an experience for the runners however, we realize those lights could affect others who are in the area. If you might be affected by the lights in the area, please consider a different route for the duration of the event.
Please plan your travels accordingly and if you must come onto the campus area between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m., please work with our officers on site to help you get to and from the locations where you need to go.
If you have any questions, please respond to this email or call Captain Chris Tarmann at the Police Department (920-424-1212). If you would like to participate in this event, you’re welcome to walk up and register starting at 5 p.m. tomorrow night near the entrance to the Student Rec Center. Visit runwithcops.org for more information.
Thank you for your understanding during this important event.