The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Policy # [####]
Post-Tenure Review (FAC 6.3)
Original Issuance Date: MMMM DD, YYYY
Last Revision Date: MMMM DD, YYYY
Next Review Date: MMMM DD, YYYY
2. RESPONSIBLE OFFICER
6. POLICY STATEMENT
FAC 6.3. Post-Tenure Review.
Every four years, all tenured faculty who have not been promoted in rank in the past four years, shall participate in a performance appraisal. Colleges shall identify a process for post tenure review that must include the following:
(1) General guidelines for the collection and assessment of evidence of quality teaching, professional and scholarly growth, and service. These guidelines must be consistent with the collection and assessment of such evidence in the merit process and in the promotion process.
(2) A process for providing written feedback to faculty members being evaluated and for face-to-face feedback with the unit head and/or personnel committee representative.
(3) A process for identifying those faculty whose performance does not meet professional expectations in the area of teaching, professional and scholarly growth, and service. For faculty who are not meeting expectations, a faculty development plan should be developed. The faculty development plan should outline major goals to be attained in order to eliminate the deficiencies.
(4) Provision for using the results of the post tenure review in determining merit pay adjustments without conducting a separate merit review.
(5) Provision for filing summaries of evaluations with the Provost and Vice Chancellor’s Office
9. REVISION HISTORY