Policies & Procedures
Student accountability and responsibility is important part of developing independence. Therefore, Project Success students are expected to:
- Adhere to Project Success guidelines & policies for setting up accommodations and services (see Policy for Taking Exams)
- Attend each and every scheduled appointment
- Contact tutors if they need to reschedule (see “no-show” policy)
- Be on time for appointments
- Prepare specific questions in advance
- Bring necessary materials (writing, books, notes, etc.)
- Have a ready-to-learn mindset
Policy for Taking Exams in Project Success
- Students must have a valid UW Oshkosh student ID to take their exam in Project Success.
- Students are not allowed to take any materials into the exam rooms that are not specifically stated on the blue sheet.
- Students may only use scratch paper provided by a Project Success staff member. All scratch paper must be turned in with the completed exam.
- Students may not take cell phones, other electronic devices, hats, backpacks, jackets, notes, or other such materials into the testing rooms.
- Calculator covers must be removed and inspected prior to entering the testing room.
- Students cannot request and receive answers from test proctors.
- Students may not leave Project Success, answer their phone, consult notes, etc. during an exam or quiz.
- Blue sheets must be filled out, legibly and completely, and turned into the Project Success office at least 3 business days prior to the date of the exam or quiz.
No Show Policy
Tutoring is not an accommodation, it is a service. It is extremely important for students to attend tutoring on a regular basis. If a student misses a scheduled tutoring appointment, a Project Success staff member will be notified and an improvement plan will be created.
FAQ’s about services
How do I get a tutor?
With the exception of writing, mathematics, and Spanish tutoring, Project Success only provides tutors to aid in organization and general study skills.
Requesting a tutor through Project Success is easy! Find out more about tutors here…
Where are the tutoring labs?
Project Success has tutoring labs for English, Spanish, and mathematics each semester, with no appointments necessary. The tutoring labs are currently located in the Nursing Education Building Room 26. Find more information about tutoring labs here…
Do I have to pay my tutor?
There is no charge for setting up a tutor through Project Success. Students can receive up to 3 hours per week of individual mathematics, Spanish, or English tutoring through the Project Success program. Find out more about tutors here…
How much does Project Success charge for its services?
There is no charge for Project Success services during the academic year above and beyond the student’s normal resident or nonresident tuition.
How do I set up my accommodations?
Each student is responsible for advocating for his/her own accommodations in college. Any student who is part of the Project Success program will receive a laminated yellow Accommodation Recommendation (AR) form each fall semester, or upon joining the program. The AR form lists the specific accommodations that the student may use, including (but not limited to) extended testing time, distraction reduced environment, access to a reader for exams and quizzes, access to a note-taker, and/or electronic books. At the beginning of each semester, the student must disclose their participation in the Project Success program to each professor and discuss the accommodations that they will be using throughout the semester. To help create an efficient process for students and instructors, Project Success staff members are available to work with students and explain the process for setting up specific accommodations. Although electronic books are requested through the Accessibility Center, students may pick up paperwork from the Project Success office to set up additional accommodations.
What is an Accommodation Recommendation form and where do I get it?
The Accommodation Recommendation form, abbreviated as the AR form, is a yellow, laminated document that each Project Success student receives upon joining the program. The AR form indicates the accommodations available to the student, based upon his/her documentation. Each student who wishes to set up accommodations in a course must first show their AR form to the instructor and disclose their participation in the Project Success program. The AR forms are available for students to pick up at the Project Success office.
What should I do if I have a question about my accommodations?
Any student who has questions regarding their accommodations or the use of services should contact a Project Success staff member. All of our staff members are here to help students learn and apply the strategies and skills to become academically independent as they progress through their college coursework. Because our office is student services oriented, it is helpful to call or email ahead of time to set up an appointment. Phone: (920) 424-1033 email@example.com