COVID-19 Update: We are open but working remotely
To get in touch with someone from our office, leave a voicemail at (920) 424-2300 or email our office and we will return your message promptly within business hours.
Major in Psychology
Required Courses | 12 credits
- Psychology 101, 102, 104 or 110 (General Psychology)
- Psychology 123 (Psychology Orientation)
- Psychology 203 (Elementary Psychological Statistics)
- Psychology 275 (Research Methods)
Perspective Courses | 12 credits
Choose four of the following courses:
- Psychology 303 or 302 (Psychology of Abnormal Behavior)
- Psychology 305 (Social Psychology)
- Psychology 380 (Cognitive Psychology)
- Psychology 383 (Biological Psychology)
- Psychology 391 (Developmental Psychology)
Capstone Course(s) | 3 credits
Choose one of the following courses:
- Psychology 464 (History of Psychology)
- Psychology 470 (Research in Psychology)
- Psychology 490 (Special Topics in Psychology)
Additional courses in psychology curriculum to earn a minimum of 36 credits.
If course catalog is pre Fall 2019, a minimum of 35 credits is required.
Additional Major Requirement
A “C” or better must be achieved in two laboratory science courses that meet the BA or BS laboratory science requirement.
- Psychology 203 and Psychology 275 can be taken concurrently, but students cannot take Psychology 275 without either prior or concurrent enrollment in Psychology 203.
- All 400-level courses have a prerequisite of 20 psychology credits.
- Students need 20 credits for Psychology 481; these 20 credits must include Psychology 302 or 303.
- The following Psychology courses require Psychology 275 to be included in the 20 credits: 411, 446, 451, 455, 456, 463, 464, 470, 473, 474, 480, & 490.