Mission, Vision and Values
The Department of Public Administration provides a high-quality education in the field of public administration to graduate students, conducts research relevant to theory and practice, and engages in service to improve the diverse communities in which we live and work.
The Department of Public Administration will be nationally recognized for fostering the development of exceptional leaders dedicated to the ideals of public service.
- Academic Rigor: Provide coursework that adheres to nationally accepted standards and expectations for MPA programs.
- Collaboration and Community Engagement: Inspire students and faculty use theory and evidence to improve practice by partnering across campus and communities to serve areas in which they live and work.
- Collegial Work Environment: Maintain a welcoming, supportive, and friendly work environment.
- Democratic Principles: Develop an understanding of the constitutional foundations that guide equity and justice in public service delivery.
- Integrity: Instill a commitment to ethical behavior, accountability, honesty, and fairness in personal and professional activities.
- Productivity: Pursue a proactive agenda in research, teaching and service.
- Professional Success: Empower students, faculty, and staff to realize their full potential.
- Student-centered and Inclusive Environment: Foster collaborative learning experiences that encourage student innovation, flexibility, inclusive excellence and engagement.
Clow Faculty Building, Room F414
838 High Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901