Career Outcomes of MPA Graduates
2021 Alumni Career Outcomes News
- Anthony Rux, Budget Management Analyst, Milwaukee County
- Cynthia Anderson, Executive Director, BSP Free Clinic in Middleton, WI
- Kody Kivisto, Nursing Home Administrator, Odd Fellow Home, Green Bay, WI
Kathryn Fingal, Medical Administrative Assistant, North Texas Area Community Health Center, Inc., Texas
Joshua Nauber-Finch, City Administrator, City of Hillsboro, Wisconsin
Ronnie Barger, Marquette County Administrator, Marquette, Wisconsin
Richard Traner, Area Coordinator, State of Wisconsin
Cherri Stoffel, Disability Benefit Specialist Program Coordinator, Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Johnathan McDonald, Parks, Recreation, Forestry Director, Village of Little Chute, Wisconsin
- Menna Tafesse Garedew, Chief Executive Officer, Deborah Foundation, Ethiopia
- Julie Knudsen, ESOL Teaching Position, Oshkosh North High School, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- Nana Adjoa Coleman, Senior Internal Auditor, Heritage-Crystal Clean, LLC
- Adam Gitter, Village Administrator, Village of Kewaskum, WI
- Ahna Barreau, Testing Administrative Manager, COVID-19 Response and Recovery Team, Wisconsin Department of Health Services
2020 Alumni Career Outcomes News
- Rennita Hernandez, Tribal Action Plan Manager, Oneida Nation of WI
- Katheryn Fingal, Administrative Specialist at the University of Connecticut
- Crystal Wagner, Community Development and Assessment Department at the City of Neenah
- Adam Gitter, Town Administrator at Town of Buchanan
- Jeffrey Butz, Executive Director at Fond du Lac Area Businesses on Health
- Sadie Parafiniuk, President/CEO of Envision Greater Fond du Lac
- Mikko Hilvo, City Administrator of the City of Cedarburg
- Joseph Stephenson, Principal Planner at City of Menasha
- Cindy Anderson, HealthConnect Coordinator, United Way of Dane County
- Ruthnande Kessa, Doctoral Student in the Public Affairs Program at Florida Central University
2019 Alumni Career Outcomes News
- Benjamin Krumenauer, Village Administrator of the City of Oscola
- Ashley Franke, Clinic Director, Acadia Healthcare
- Emily Grover, Client Service Representative, Ciox Health
- Kathryn (Baez, Scheeler) Fingal, Public Administration at the University of Connecticut
- Nicholas Baus, Wisconsin Sales Manager, Customer Owned Equipment, Madison
- Menna Tafesse Garedew, Special Needs Facilitator, United Migrant Opportunity
2018 Alumni Career Outcomes News
Congratulations to MPA Alumni Who Started New Jobs!
- Shawna Kuether, Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources at UW Oshkosh.
- Cody Kivisto, Interim Nursing Home Administrator at Atrium Health & Senior Living.
- Candice Skenandore has been promoted to Self-Governance Coordinator at Oneida Nation.
- Piersen Bowman, Global HR Services Lead at Oshkosh Corporation.
- Joe Stephenson, Associate Planner at City of Menasha
- Myraira Bell, Skilled Nursing and Assistant Living Administrator
- Crystal Strosahl, Provider Relations Liaison, ThedaCare
- Adrian Herrera, Contract and Financial Coordinator at Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Lyndzee Schaus, Advanced Medical Support Assistant at Veteran Administration
- Caitlin Payne, Teacher at Green Bay Correctional Institution
- Renita Hernandez, Workforce Development Specialist at Oneida Tribe of Indians of Wisconsin
- Kelsey Finke, Business Analyst at Liberty Mutual Insurance.
- Candice Skenandore, Self-Governance Assistant Coordinator for the Oneida Nation.
- Deborah Anderson, Manager, Ascension Medical Group-Orthopedics, Sports Medicine and Podiatry at Ascension.
- Adam Gitter, Economic Development Manager at City of West Bend.
- Sierra Verbokel, Program Assistant at UW Oshkosh
- Matthew Stenerson, Regional Coordinator for Boy Scouts of America.
- Anthony Rux, Technical Support Representative II at FIS.
2017 Alumni Career Outcomes News
MPA Alumni Accepted in Doctoral Programs
- Joshua Tegen is a Ph.D. student in Urban Studies/Affairs at the UW Milwaukee.
- Jess Kahlow is a Teaching Assistant and Ph.D. student in the Communication program at UW Milwaukee.
Patrick Wetzel Started a New Position as Town Administrator
The MPA alumnus, Patrick Wetzel, started a new position as Town Administrator at Town of Lawrence! Congratulations!
Justin Heim Completed his Ph.D. from Northcentral University, Prescott Valley, AZ
Mr. Justin Heim completed his Ph.D. degree in business with public administration concentration from Northcentral University, Prescott Valley, AZ. His dissertation focuses on Perceptions of Organizational Politics in Volunteer Fire Departments. He is a 2011 UW Oshkosh MPA graduate and currently teaches undergraduate and graduate classes for the PA Department at UW Oshkosh.
2016 Alumni Career Outcomes News
Phylicia Lee was Appointed as Administrative Assistant
August 17, 2016
Phylicia Lee graduated from the MPA program in 2014. She was hired as Administrative Assistant to the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs and Dean of Faculty at Stonehill College, Easton Massachusetts. In this new role, Ms. Lee is working collaboratively with the administrative assistants to the Provost and the Dean of Academic Achievements, maintaining multiple budgets and file system, preparing faculty contracts and keeping track of teaching loads, maintaining faculty hire and teaching information, and working in conjunction with the Payroll Department to process stipends.
Kate McQuillan was Appointed as Special Assistant to the UW Oshkosh Chancellor
Effective July 1, 2016, Kate McQuillan was appointed full-time as the Special Assistant to the Chancellor. In this role, she will provide leadership, direction, continuity and support for a variety of activities and initiatives. Acting on behalf of Chancellor Leavitt, she will advance key priorities and initiatives such as the work of the Study Groups, the development of an association/organization for retirees, the Workplace Joy initiative and coordination of relations with governance groups and through established meeting and deliberative structures. She will also serve as the University’s Public Records custodian.
Shawn Monroe was Appointed as Global Ethics and Compliance Specialist
Mr. Shawn Monroe was appointed a Global Ethics and Compliance Specialist in the Oshkosh Corporation, Oshkosh, WI.
2015 Alumni Career Outcomes News
Shawna Kuether was Promoted as Deputy Director of Human Resources at UW Oshkosh
Manny Vasquez was Promoted as Vice President of Fox Cities Regional Partnership
Mr. Manny Vasquez, who graduated from the UW Oshkosh MPA program in 2014, was promoted as vice president of Fox Cities Regional Partnership. Read more…
Cindy Polzin was Promoted in the Office of the Governor of Wisconsin
August 21, 2015
The Northwestern reported that Ms. Cindy Polzin was appointed as the Deputy Chief of Staff for Budget, Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs in the Office of the Governor of Wisconsin. She graduated from the UW Oshkosh MPA program in 2009.
Agnes Vetinde was Hired as a Site Study Manager
Ms. Agnes Vetinde, who graduated from the MPA program in 2015 Spring semester, has recently accepted an offer to work as a Site Study Manager at Kimberly-Clark. She will be working with the research and engineering to oversee the execution of studies.
Joseph LeMire was Appointed Police Chief at UW Milwaukee
Mr. Joseph LeMire, who graduated from the MPA program in 2015 Spring semester was appointed Police Chief at UW Milwaukee. Read more…
John Good was Appointed to the UWO Alumni Board of Directors
Mr. John Good, 2014 MPA graduate, was elected to the 2015-2016 UWO Alumni Board of Directors.
Nana Coleman was Hired at Ernst and Young in the Chicago Office
Ms. Nana Coleman, 2014 MPA graduate, got an external audit position at Ernst and Young in the Chicago Office, starting October 1st, 2015.
2014 Alumni Career Outcomes News
Jerry Schuetz was Appointed Communications Supervisor at the School District of Milton
August 30, 2014
Jerry Schuetz was appointed Communications Supervisor at School District of Milton in August 2014. He is responsible for coordinating external and internal communication efforts in the School District of Milton. Jerry Schuetz has been deeply involved in the Milton community. Previously he has served as Chief of Police and City Administrator of the City of Milton. Congratulations!
Christine Kaup was Appointed in the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
February 6, 2014
Christine Kaup was appointed at the Employment & Training Division of the Department of Workforce Development in the Menasha Job Center. She is working with the Trade Adjustment Act (TAA)-approved individuals, as a Coordinator, and she is also in the Resource Room assisting job seekers one day each week. Christine was pleased to share about the many rewards experienced working directly with the public!
Xiaoang Xing was Admitted in the Doctor of Pharmacy Program
January 15, 2014
2013 Alumni Career Outcomes News
Robert Roberts was Appointed as the New Director of UWO Office of Grants and Faculty Development
September 3, 2013
Kate McQuillan was Promoted in UWO HR Department
September 3, 2013
Emily McFarland was Appointed as Alderman for the 1st District in Watertown and Promoted as Lead Policy Analyst
August 8, 2013
Kate McQuillan was Awarded UWO June STAR Award
May 20, 2013
Kate McQuillan, a program assistant in the UWO Provost Office, has been named the recipient of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh June STAR Award. Read more…Congratulations!
Angela Gorall was Appointed Village Administrator
May 3, 2013
Robert Kufrin Retires
April 15, 2013
Steve Volkert was Appointed Assistant City Administrator
January 28, 2013
Patrick Wetzel was Named an Entrepreneur Finalist
January 24, 2013
Patrick Wetzel was Appointed City Manager of Weyauwega
January 24, 2013
Joseph Krebsbach was Appointed Director
January 12, 2013
2012 Alumni Career Outcomes News
Kirwins Charles was Accepted in a Ph.D. Program
October 18, 2012
The MPA Alumnus, Kirwins Charles, is a first year Ph.D. student in Public Policy at the School of Policy and Administration at Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. His area of interest focuses on international development and Haiti. He would like to explore strategic ways that public policy can be used as a tool to enhance effectiveness, equality, dignity, and the quality of life of the Haitian people. We congratulate him and wish him lots of success in the doctoral program!
The Passing of Kim Mooney
July 24, 2012
It is with deep sadness that the PA Department announces the passing of alumna Kim Mooney. She passed away at her Fond du Lac home late Sunday, July 22, 2012. Kim Mooney has graduated from the MPA program in Spring 2009. She was an outstanding student and committed and caring administrator. Kim has served as Fond du Lac County Social Services Director since August 2006. She had oversight of numerous department programs that ensured the safety, self-sufficiency and well-being of individuals and families. Kim believed that she could make a difference to people she served. She will be dearly missed.
Jeffrey Lawrence Started a New Job at the State of WI-DOA
May 26, 2012
The MPA alumnus Jeffrey Lawrence has recently started a new job at the entry level as a Budget and Policy Analyst for the State of Wisconsin Department of Administration in the Bureau of State Budget Office, Executive Budget and Finance Division, Health Services and Insurance Section. Congratulations!
Shawn Monroe was Appointed UWO New VRC Coordinator
April 20, 2012
Shawn Monroe helps fellow veterans navigate their educational journeys as UWO’s new Veterans Resource Center (VRC) Coordinator. Shawn is an Iraq War Veteran and a 2012 graduate of UWO. Before joining the UWO VRC, Shawn worked for the Department of Veterans Affairs as an OEF/OIF peer counselor and as a PTSD program assistant at the Madison VA hospital. Shawn is a member of the Veterans of Foreign Affairs, Disabled American Veterans, Military Order of the Purple Heart and the Iraq and Afganistan Veterans of America. Congratulations!
Clow Faculty Building, Room F414
838 High Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901