MPA Capstone, Field Project or Thesis Registration
Below is a checklist of forms that must be completed, approved, and on file in the Graduate School and the Public Administration Department Office PRIOR TO OFFICIALLY REGISTERING FOR YOUR CAPSTONE, FIELD PROJECT OR THESIS:
- The Research Proposal Form (only for MPA 792 Thesis)
- Admission to Candidacy Form (pdf).
- An IRB form; contact Kelly Schill, email@example.com, 424-3375 for more information about completing the form.
- Admission to Candidacy Form is required before submitting a Research Proposal Form, and no later than one term before the semester of graduation.
- Do not assume you are exempt from completing the IRB form! Check IRB Application Process
- Prior to receiving IRB Approval, Principle Investigators must complete a web-based training course in Human Subjects Research sponsored by CITI (Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative). The CITI Program training certificate is valid for three years.
- For the MPA 792 Thesis, you have to have the research proposal approved prior to registration. Select thesis committee members (three) and submit to them your research proposal well in advance (at least 3 months ahead). Request more information about the procedures from Dr. Filipova (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The deadline for registering for the thesis is in late February or late September (semester-dependent).
MPA Independent Study Registration
If you would like to register for an independent study, please contact Dr. Filipova (email@example.com) for independent study guidelines.