City of Oshkosh
Candidates who are interested to learn more about the MPA program or the Graduate Healthcare Management Certificate are encouraged to arrange a meeting with the Department Chair, Dr. Anna Filipova.
Students who are newly admitted to the MPA Program are encouraged to arrange an orientation meeting with the Department Chair, Dr. Anna Filipova before or during the first semester in the MPA program during regular business days/hours, Monday through Friday.
During the first or second semester in the MPA program, newly admitted students are also encouraged to invite a faculty to serve as their academic adviser and mentor. Faculty selection is usually based on student career orientation.
City of Oshkosh Ranking
- With a population of 66,665 (as of July 1, 2017, U.S. Census Bureau), the City of Oshkosh is ranked #5 in Wisconsin and #49 out of 1,300 of the best small cities in America in a study done by consumer advocacy site NerdWallet.
- ZipRecruiter ranked Oshkosh #3 on it’s list for The Best Job Markets for 2018.
- Oshkosh Ranked #3 for the 10 under-the-radar cities with great tech career opportunities in CIO Magazine, a publication tailored to technology professionals.
- Incorporated in 1853, the community of Oshkosh is located in the heart of the Fox River Valley on the western shores of Lake Winnebago, the largest of the lakes within the state.
- Lake Winnebago is one of the main Oshkosh attractions and the most important fishing lake in the state, with sturgeon and walleye being the main sport fish.
Culture and Entertainment Attractions
- Oshkosh is full of charming historic houses, such as the Morgan House, the Oshkosh Public Museum, and the Paine Art Center and Gardens, mansions all built by lumber barons.
- Oshkosh Grand Opera House hosts nearly 100 public performance a year.
- An important event in Oshkosh is Waterfest, a series of outdoor summer concerts held in Riverside Park.
- The AirVenture Museum in Oshkosh has more than 250 historic planes, some of which are available for flights.
- The annual Experimental Aircraft Association AirVenture Show, the World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration, is held in July, drawing nearly a million visitors.