Faculty and Instructional Staff
The Reading and Study Skills Center offers several types of presentations and workshops for classroom instructors from September through May. Let us help students develop the learning strategies necessary to succeed in your courses.
General, or course-specific learning strategy instruction
- Individual consultations
- In-class-presentations or out-of-class workshops
- De-briefing of exams on individual basis to address test taking strategies
- Note taking
- Academic reading
- Exam preparation strategies, including creation of personal study guides and information organizers
- Strategies to increase learning and memory
- Test-taking techniques for both multiple choice and essay exams
- Time management
Refer Individual Students
Faculty and staff can refer students for individual assistance by sending them to the Reading and Study Skills website, have them stop by our office at Nursing/Education 201 or have them call (920) 424-1031.