Study Skills Resources
- Dartmouth College Videos used in our Study Skills classes
- University of North Dakota handouts
- Comprehensive site on all study skills
- Learn how to break down studying by subject
- Information on the learning principles
- Information on math study skills
- Bucks Community College general study skill resources
- Handouts on all areas of study skills from the University of Victoria. (The topics are in the middle, click on them for handouts.)
- Free practice tests on all areas of the Praxis core test review
- Sample tests for the Praxis I (PPST) and Praxis II can be found on the ETS website.
- Select either Praxis I or Praxis II. You can find tests at a Glance by test title.
- Then select Session/Test Code that is before the name of the test you’re interested in. At the top will be general information. If you scroll down to roughly page 6 the practice test will start.
Learning Strategy Handouts
- Notetaking: What to do before, during and after class.
- Ten Tips for Taking Effective Lecture Notes.
- Ten Tips for Reading College Textbooks.
- SQ4R – What Is It?
- Strategies for Successful Exams.
- Ten Tips to Reduce Test Anxiety.
- Ten Tips for Test Preparation.
- Ten Tips for Taking Tests.
- Ten Tips for Time Management.
- Time Management Math.
Materials for Check-Out
Materials can be checked out at the front desk during posted office hours with student ID.
- Test preparation books for TEAS, Praxis Core, and Praxis II
- Hard copies of test preparation resources for FORT