Formal Recruitment (Fall)
Deciding whether or not to join a sorority can be overwhelming and exciting all at the same time or maybe it is just not something you had ever thought of before. Honestly, that is totally normal and most of our current members fit into that category! Our goal throughout the recruitment process is to show you what sorority life at UW Oshkosh is all about and to see if it is something that is a good fit for you! There are plenty of events hosted throughout the month of September prior to recruitment to do just that!
Below is a list of events coming up this fall. We hope that you will take the time to attend a few of them so you can get to know our current undergraduate members!
Events Open to All Students:
- Sept 1st – Sundae Sendoff, Reeve Memorial Union Titan Underground, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Sept 2nd – Welcome Back Glow Party, Albee Hall Patio, 8-11 p.m.
- Sept 3rd – Taste of UW Oshkosh, Front of Polk Library, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Sept 4th – Fraternity & Sorority Life Information Meeting, Reeve Union 307, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- September 10th – Fraternity & Sorority Life Meet and Greet, Reeve Union Ballroom C, 6-7 p.m.
Events Open to Female-Identified Students Only:
- Sorority Recruitment Information Meetings (same program at each event), Reeve Union 212
- Monday September 9th, 8-9 p.m.
- Thursday September 12th, 4-5 p.m.
- Tuesday September 17th, 8-9 p.m.
- Wednesday September 18th, 5-6 p.m.
- Meet the Sororities Cookout and House Tours, Albee Hall Patio, 4-6 p.m.
Informal Recruitment (Spring)
Unlike Formal Recruitment, COB traditionally takes place during the spring however, can occur at any time when a chapter fall below the maximum total. It is not a guarantee that all chapters will be actively recruiting during the spring semester. During informal recruitment, instead of having large events on campus, potential new members are usually asked to join various sisterhood activities and campus events with several members of a chapter. Where this is an alternative recruitment option, the chapter rosters may be full at this time and therefore it is not guaranteed you will be able to be recruited by your preferred chapter at this time.