If you are not currently attending UW Oshkosh but want to register as an undergraduate degree-seeking student, please visit the Admissions website for information on how to apply to the University. After you are admitted, come back to this page for all the resources you’ll need to register for classes.
If you are registering for graduate level courses, please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website at or call (920) 424-1223.
If you are a degree-seeking undergraduate student who is currently enrolled, follow the instructions below beginning with the Pre-Registration section.
Courses in the Spring 2021 semester will be taught using the same course delivery methods used in the Fall 2020 semester. Learn more about course delivery methods here.
Preparing to Register
Degree-seeking students should first meet with their advisor first. Use the resources below to assist in finding your advisor and scheduling an appointment.
These resources will help you find information in TitanWeb to assist you in planning for registration.
Be sure to familiarize yourself with these tips as you prepare to register:
- Check Titan Web for service indicators /holds that you must deal with before you can register, such as financial obligations. Take the necessary action to have these holds removed from your record. Students should contact the department that placed the service indicator in order to clear their record.
- Check the Class Search on Titan Web to develop a list of classes that you want to take.
- Consult the fee/refund schedule for information about refunds and charges. Withdrawal does not remove the obligation for costs incurred by a student during the semester. Questions should be directed to Student Accounts, Dempsey 236, (920) 424-1332.
Registering for Classes
Use the resources linked below to learn about how to navigate TitanWeb and use its various tools for creating and editing your class schedule.
Use Titan Web to register for all classes except those requiring assistance from the Registrar’s Office.
Use the Add/Drop Card to register for a class:
- if a signature is required to enroll in that particular course
- if you are taking the course for audit,
- if you are registering for two courses that conflict in time,
- or if there are any other additional reasons you need a signature to add a course.
When a class is in your TitanWeb Enrollment Shopping Cart, it is NOT on your schedule and you are NOT on a waitlist. Learn more about the Shopping Cart:
The College Scheduler is a powerful tool that can help you compare multiple possible schedules given a list of classes you would like to take.
If a class is full, you may be able to join a waitlist. Learn more with the resources below:
If you would like to remove a course from your schedule, there are two TitanWeb functions available to you. Drop will remove a course without replacing it. Swap will allow you to attempt to replace one course with a second course—and if adding the second course fails for any reason, you will not lose your place in the original course.
Students should check for deadlines in the registration calendar before dropping classes. If the class is the student’s only class, contact the Registrar’s Office at (920) 424-3454.
If a student wants to drop a class after these deadlines, she/he must complete a Request for Late Drop Form. For the Colleges of Business, Education and Human Services, and Nursing, this form requires the signature of the appropriate Assistant Director Academic Advising. The Academic Affairs Officer must sign this form for the College of Letters and Science. Graduate students must have the form signed by the Program Coordinator and the Coordinator of Graduate Studies in the Graduate School.
After You Have Registered
If you have followed the instructions in the Pre-Registration and Registration sections, then you are all set. It is wise to double-check your class schedule at this point.
Be sure to also go back and look at your Advisement Report to ensure that the courses you enrolled in are showing up in the correct categories. If you have any questions, reach out to your academic advisor for assistance.
Taking Classes After Applying to Graduate
You have applied to graduate but have changed your mind and want to move your graduation date to a term further out in the future and continue to take classes until then. You must notify your degree examiner of the change in writing and then you will be given the ability to register for terms after your original graduation date.
Withdrawing from the University
- Before withdrawing, students should consult the fee/refund schedule to ensure they understand the percentage of their tuition & fees they will be responsible for. Withdrawing from the university does not remove the obligation for costs incurred by a student during the semester. Questions should be directed to https://uwosh.edu/finance-administration/student-financial-services/ Dempsey 236, (920) 424-1332. Students should also review the Registration/Add Drop Calendar for each term and session.
- Students who wish to withdraw from all courses before the Last Day to Withdraw must complete the online withdrawal form at https://uwosh.edu/student-affairs/withdrawal-process/.
- After the Last Day to Drop Without Late Drop Request Form OR Withdraw, students seeking to withdraw must complete a Late Term Withdrawal Form, including Part II and attach relevant documentations. For the Colleges of Business, Education and Human Services, and Nursing, this form requires the signature of the appropriate Assistant Director Academic Advising. The Academic Affairs Officer must sign this form for the College of Letters and Science. Graduate students must have the form signed by the Program Coordinator and the Coordinator of Graduate Studies in the Graduate School.
Dempsey Hall, Room 130
Mon–Fri, 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Walk-Ins: Mon–Fri, 9–3 p.m.
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901-8608