Transfer Credit Pre-Approval Process
Transferology is a fast and free online tool that allows you to explore your transfer credit options.
Step 1: Connect with Your Advisor
- Access and read your Academic Advisement Report in TitanWeb. Your Academic Advisement Report lists your academic requirements.
- Using Navigate, schedule an appointment with your Advisor. You can discuss your remaining academic requirements, UW Oshkosh course offerings, and if taking a course outside of UW Oshkosh will be an option for you.
- It is your responsibility to read and understand the policies of UW Oshkosh. Please review the Official Grade Point Policy. Please contact your Advisor or the Registrar’s Office if you have any policy-related questions.
Step 2: Research Transfer Courses
- Use Transferology, our online credit transfer tool, to see how courses transfer in the University of Wisconsin, Wisconsin Technical College, and Tribal College Systems. Many out of state schools have transfer equivalencies in the tool, too!
- The “Find a Replacement Course” search is an easy way to find courses to take at another college or university that will transfer into UWO.
- Once you have found a transfer course you are interested in taking, please contact the college/university to ask if the course will be offered the term you plan to enroll.
Step 3: Submit the Pre-Approval Form
- Submit the Transfer Credit Pre-Approval Form. Please follow the directions carefully. This form will be reviewed by the Transfer Coordinator in the Registrar’s Office. If you have any questions while completing the form, please contact TCHelp@uwosh.edu
- If you are taking a course through UW Extension/Independent Learning, you may also need to complete a UW Independent Learning Tuition Waiver Form. Please contact your Advisor for assistance completing the form.
Step 4: Verify Enrollment
- Please work with the other college/university for registration assistance. UW Oshkosh does not help students register in courses outside of UW Oshkosh. Once you are enrolled in the course, send an email to the Transfer Coordinator in the Registrar’s Office at TCHelp@uwosh.edu. Please include:
- Your name
- Your UWO student ID number
- Name of college/university you are taking the class at
- Attach an unofficial transcript (or screenshot) showing your enrollment
- The unofficial transcript must include:
- Course number (ex. Eng 101)
- Course title (ex. English Composition I)
- Credit value (ex. 3 credits)
- The Transfer Coordinator in the Registrar’s Office will add the course to your transfer credit record in TitanWeb as an “In Progress” course. This course will then display in your Academic Advisement Report.
- If you are a recipient of UW Oshkosh Financial Aid, you may be eligible to receive financial aid, via Consortium Agreement, and apply aid for the course. Please contact the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-3377 for additional help regarding Consortium Agreements.
- If you decide to drop the course, you must send an email to TCHelp@uwosh.edu. This will notify the Registrar’s Office of the course withdrawal and the “In Progress” course will be removed from your transfer credit record in TitanWeb.
Step 5: Order Official Transcript
- Once you have finished the course and earned the final grade, please order an Official Transcript to be sent to the UW Oshkosh Admissions Office.
- You may either submit transcripts electronically (through a 3rd party service such as Parchment, Credentials, or National Student Clearinghouse) to email@example.com or you can mail them to: UW Oshkosh Admissions Office PO Box 2423 Oshkosh, WI 54903-2423
- The transcripts need to be official and sent directly to UW Oshkosh; please do not list yourself as the intended recipient. Forwarded or faxed documents are considered unofficial and will not be accepted.
- Within two weeks of the Admissions Office receiving your official transcript, your final grade will be added to your transfer credit record in TitanWeb.
Dempsey Hall, Room 130
Mon–Fri, 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901-8608