Select Page

Transfer Credit Pre-Approval Process

You can see how your credits will transfer to UW Oshkosh by using Transferology, a nationwide network that helps students explore transfer options.

Students can create a free account by clicking the icon above. Enter the coursework you’ve completed, then use the search to see how it transfers.

Current UW Oshkosh students who choose to take courses at another college/university should follow the steps outlined below:

Step 1: Get Advised

  1. Review your Academic Advisement Report in TitanWeb.
  2. Contact your academic advisor to discuss which UWO course requirement you hope to satisfy with a transfer course.
  3. Review Official Grade Point Policy and ask any questions you may have regarding this policy.

Step 2: Research Courses

  1. Once logged into Transferology, use the “Find a Replacement Course” track to search for courses to complete at another school that you can transfer back to UW-Oshkosh.
  2. Submit the Transfer Credit Pre-Approval form.  Please follow the directions carefully.
  3. If you are taking a course through UW Extension/Independent Learning, you may also need to complete a UW Independent Learning Tuition Waiver Form.  Please contact your Academic Advisor for assistance completing the form:
    • Oshkosh Campus Students: (920) 424-1268/
    • Fond du Lac Campus Students:  (920) 929-1122/
    • Fox Cities Campus: (920) 832-2620/

Step 3: Verify Enrollment

  1. Once you have enrolled in the class, send an email to This email should include your name and your student ID number. You must also attach an unofficial transcript to this email showing that you have enrolled in the course. The unofficial transcript must include the name of the college/university you are attending, the course number, course title and credit value.
    • The Registrar’s Office will also accept a screenshot, but the screenshot must include all of the information listed above.
  2. The Registrar’s Office will add the course to your transfer student record as an “In Progress” course. This course will then show on your academic advisement report. This will also allow you to register for courses for which the course you wish to take is a prerequisite.
    • If you complete Steps 1-3 of the Transfer Credit Process but then drop the course, you must send an email to  This will notify the Registrar’s Office of the course withdrawal and the in-progress course will be removed from your student record.

Step 4: Order Official Transcript

  1. Upon completion of the course, you must send an official transcript to the Admissions Office. You may either submit transcripts electronically (through a 3rd party service such as Parchment, Credentials, or National Student Clearinghouse) to or you can mail them to:
    UW Oshkosh Admissions Office
    PO Box 2423
    Oshkosh, WI 54903-2423


    • The transcripts need to be official and sent directly to UW Oshkosh; do not list yourself as the intended recipient. Forwarded or faxed documents are considered unofficial and could be tampered with.
  2. Within 1-2 weeks of receiving the official transcript, your final grade will be added to your record.

Registrar's Office

Dempsey Hall, Room 130 
Mon–Fri, 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.

Mailing Address

University of Wisconsin Oshkosh 
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901-8608

Registrar's Contact

Phone: (920) 424-3454
Fax: (920) 424-1098