Transfer Credit Pre-Approval Process
You can see how your credits will transfer to UW Oshkosh by using Transferology, a nationwide network that helps students explore transfer options.
Students can create a free account by clicking the icon above. Enter the coursework you’ve completed, then use the search to see how it transfers.
Current UW Oshkosh students who choose to take courses at another institution should follow the steps outlined below
Step 1: Get Advised
- Review your Academic Advisement Report in TitanWeb.
- Contact your academic advisor to discuss which UWO course requirement you hope to satisfy with a transfer course.
- Review Official Grade Point Policy and ask any questions you may have regarding this policy.
Step 2: Research Courses
- Once logged into Transferology, use the “Find a Replacement Course” track to search for courses to complete at another school that you can transfer back to UW-Oshkosh. If courses are found in Transferology, you do not need to complete a Pre-Approval form.
- Decide where you will enroll for the transfer course.
- If courses are NOT found in Transferology: You must use the Pre-Approval form to request the course be equated. The Transfer Coordinator will determine how the course will transfer to UWO. Submit the completed form to Julie Meyer in the Registrar’s Office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), mail, or in person (Dempsey 130).
- If using Mozilla Firefox you must Open with Different Viewer to access form.
- If you are taking a course through UW Extension/Independent Learning, you may also need to complete a Tuition Waiver form.
Step 3: Verify Enrollment
- Once you have enrolled in the class, send an email to email@example.com. This email should include your name and your student ID number. You must also attach an unofficial transcript to this email showing that you have enrolled in the course. The unofficial transcript must include the name of the institution you are attending, the course number, course title and credit value. The Registrar’s Office will also accept a screenshot, but the screenshot must include all of the information listed above.
- The Registrar’s Office will add the course to your student record as an “In Progress” course. This course will then show on your advisement report. This will also allow you to register for courses for which the course you wish to take is a prerequisite.
- If you complete Steps 1-3 of the Transfer Credit Process but then drop the course, you must notify Julie Meyer in the Registrar’s Office.
Step 4: Order Official Transcript
- Upon completion of the course, you must send an official transcript to the Admissions Office. You may either submit transcripts electronically (through a 3rd party service such as Parchment, Credential, or National Student Clearinghouse) to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can mail them to:
UW Oshkosh Admissions Office
PO Box 2423
Oshkosh, WI 54903-2423
- The transcripts need to be official. E-mailed or faxed documents are considered unofficial and could be tampered with.
- Within 1-2 weeks of receiving the official transcript, your final grade will be added to your record.
Dempsey Hall, Room 130
Mon–Fri, 7:45 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Walk-Ins: Mon–Fri, 9–3 p.m.
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901-8608