Sustainability Leadership in Organizations
(15 – 19 Credits)
Learn how organizations and businesses can have an impact on sustainability, and how to move organizations in a more sustainable direction.
Required Courses: 3- 7 cr.
- ES 102: Intro to Sustainability or EGRT 113: Building a Sust. World (4 cr)
- ES 400: Certificate Capstone/Placement (0-3 cr; can be taken for 0 credits if student has an appropriate 1-3 credit internship/placement within their major).
Intro to Communication (3 cr.)
- COMM 280/380: Introduction to Organizational Communication (380 is the OCE version)
Intro to Business (3 cr.)
- Bus 198/198Q2: Intro to Business (req. for students outside of COB)
- Bus 275 (Q3): Sustainability: The 21st Century Business Strategy
- MHR 351: Essentials of Organizational Behavior
Upper Level Electives (6 cr, from 2 different departments)
Marketing & Professional Communications
- Comm 413: Communication in Non-Profit Orgs (Comm 280)
- Comm 415: Organizational Rhetoric (Comm 280)
- MHR 351: Essentials of Organizational Behavior (if not taken as part of Intro Business section)
- MHR 360/EGRT 360/INFO SYS 481: Project Management
- MHR 372: Creativity and Innovation
- MHR 374: Social Entrepreneurship (pre-req MHR 373)
- HUMAN SV 385: Financial Sustainability in Non-Profit Organizations (consent)
- HUMAN SV 335: Globalization in Human Services (consent)
- HUMAN SV 440: Leadership and Decision Making in Non-Profit Organizations (consent)
- SMGT 330: Sustainability Reporting
Certificate in Sustainability Leadership Learning Outcomes:
- Describe how organizations can have an impact on sustainability
- Apply leadership and influence tactics to move organizations and individuals within organizations in a more sustainable direction
Sustainability Institute for Regional Transformations
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901