Systemwide Caregiving Forum
Friday, March 26, 1:00-3:00 p.m., Registration Link
*The forum will be recorded. If you would like to receive the recording via email, please register for the event. The recording will also be available on the Caregiving Task Force website.
This forum contextualizes the work of the systemwide caregiving task force within larger conversations surrounding equity and caregiving as an urgent issue within higher ed. The featured guests will offer insights on how campuses can pro-actively address:
- Caregiving as intersectional equity issue which is central to EDI work;
- The differential impacts of caregiving and COVID across the campus community;
- Tangible steps campus leaders can take to support caregivers;
- Successful models for documenting both the short and long-term effects of COVID for students, faculty, and staff; and
- Long-term sustainability models to support caregivers and retain them as essential members of the campus community.
- Dr. Laura A. Belmonte, Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences and Professor of History at Virginia Tech.
- Dr. Damira Grady, Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Support of Inclusive Excellence and Chief Diversity at UW Oshkosh.
- UMass ADVANCE Project Leadership Team: Dr. Joya Misra, Professor of Sociology and Public Policy; Dr. Dessie Clark, Research Collaboration Coordinator; and Dr. Ethel Mickey, Postdoctoral Research Associate.
- Moderated by the Caregiving Task Force Co-Chairs:Dr. Stephanie Rytilahti, Director of the Women’s and Gender Studies Consortium; and Dr. Jenny Schuttlefield Christus, Director of the Women & Science Program.