Select Page

I chose to study Sociology because I was interested in learning more about people, how we interact within society, and things that affect how we operate. As someone who changed majors, I ultimately chose Sociology because I heard great things about the staff and their willingness to help the students.

Sociology has really helped me learn how to study people, and what makes them act the way they do within society. I’ve learned how to properly conduct research, and how to interpret and write about my results. I also think the major has really helped me to develop skills, such as collaborating with others and public speaking, that will help me in my future career.

My favorite part of the major is the staff and students that I have met and created relationships with. I like how small the major is because the staff really know who you are, and what you are looking to get out of your education. I’ve really enjoyed how invested my professors are in my education and how dedicated they are to helping their students out.

Besides Sociology, I am really interested in Biology, the environment, and personal health.  I spend a lot of time reading and researching Biology, nutrition, and ways we can help the environment. Outside of school, I enjoy working out, traveling, and spending time with my family. For the past four years, my friends and I have participated in intramural sports. I also dedicate a lot of time to volunteer work, whether it be on campus or through other organizations that I am a part of.

As of right now, I’m not 100% sure what I want to do in the future. I plan on relocating to Milwaukee after I graduate, I also plan on pursuing a Master’s Degree after I enter the workforce and figure out what I really want to do.