Sociology Major and Minor Check Sheet
Sociology Major Requirements (33 total credits)
Core Classes (18 total credits):
- 200-level Foundations of Sociology, Applied Sociology, Social Statistics
- 300-level Classical & Contemporary Theory and Social Research Methods
- 400-level Senior Seminar capstone (major research project)
Electives (15 total credits)
Three optional Emphases for depth
Four electives and an internship in one of these areas:
1. Organization, Community, & Environment
2. Social Control, Deviance, & Criminology
3. Human Diversity & Social Inequality
Breadth requirement for non-Emphases (5 electives, at least one in each emphasis area)
Required courses for sociology minors
A minor in sociology is a good addition for many disciplines within the natural and physical sciences, social sciences or humanities.
A minimum of 21 sociology credits are required for sociology minors.
- Sociology: Sociology 101
- Electives: Sufficient courses from the Department’s offerings in Sociology to meet the Minimum Requirement.
*Note: Students who complete the electives specified above may be eligible for Sociology 467, Internship in Sociology, 1-8 units (crs.).