Register for Titan Faculty Research Events
Spotlight and Dialog with John Chan
Dr. John Chan, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry
Tuesday, March 8, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Starting a lab studying neglected diseases at a PUI
- Startup burn-rate – hoping for liftoff before the end of the runway
- First grant applications – learning what not to do
- Many hands make light work – finding good multi-researcher collaborations
Spotlight and Dialog with Dana Merriman
Dr. Dana Merriman, Professor Emerita, AxlTech Intl Professor of Biology
Thursday, March 10, 11:00 – 12:00 p.m.
My Unconventional Path to Research Success at a PUI
- Career trajectory: from grad school to funded researcher
- Animal model medical research: from fish to squirrels
- Research gains through collaboration
- Accumulating grantseeking wins over time
Grant Writing Webinar: Collaborative Grantseeking
Gina Jahn, Research Development Associate
Friday, March 10, 12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Would a collaborative approach to the research or project effort you are pursuing strengthen outcomes?
- Delve into the benefits of collaborating
- Discuss methods for identifying collaborators
- Learn tips for maintaining collaborations and overcoming challenges
Open office hours for Titan faculty research support
Deborah Lundin, Ed.D., CRA, Manager of Research Development at WiSys
Friday, March 11, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Chat with WiSys Research Development about your project’s external funding needs!
- Roadmap the grantseeking process
- Discuss funding sponsor options
- Was your proposal turned down for funding? Let’s talk next steps!
- Explore strategies for pursuing funding