UPCOMING WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS
Complete your FAFSA Drop-in Hours
Date: March 4th-March 6th
Time: During Learning Groups
Location: CCED lower level lounge area and Conference Room
Complete your FAFSA with the help of an Academic Coach! All TRIO SSS students are invited to attend even if you do not normally attend learning groups.
If you are planning to attend make sure you bring:
- 2022 Federal Tax Return and W2s
- 2022 Untaxed Income Records, such as child support or veteran’s non-education benefits (if applicable)
- Information on savings, investments, business assets and farm assets (if applicable)
- Driver’s License/State ID (if you have one)
- Cell phone (if you have one)
- Social Security Number (You don’t need your card, you just need to know your number)
- Alien Registration Card or Permanent Resident Card (if you are not a US citizen)
- Date of birth for parents
- Month and year of parents’ marriage, divorce, or separation
- FSA ID (if you have one). To create an FSA ID, please visit studentaid.gov. Every student and at least one parent. If you are considered dependent then you also need one.
Exploring Graduate School
Date: Thursday, March 7th, 2024
Location: CCED Classroom 006 Suite Basement
Please join TRIO Student Support Services as we host Exploring Graduate School, a workshop featuring a grad school primer, panels featuring both TRIO SSS Alumni and UWO staff/faculty, and a mixer social (featuring free refreshments!). The workshop will be held in the lower level of the CCED on Thursday, March 7th from 4:30-6:30pm. This event is open to all students, and anyone regardless of whether you want to learn what graduate school is or are in the process of applying to graduate programs is encouraged to attend!
Invited alumni include:
- Current medical school students
- Social Workers
- Students pursuing a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA)
- And more!
Invited staff/faculty include:
- UWO’s Dean of Graduate Studies
- Pre-Law advisors
- Graduate faculty in the College of Nursing
- And more!
Date: Thursday, March 14th, 2024
Time: 2pm- 4:30pm
Location: CCED Lower Level Lounge Area
You’ve been working hard this semester! Give your mind a break. Come hang out, listen to some chill music, enjoy some snacks and color. We’ll have colored pencils and a variety of different coloring pages available for you to use. It’s time to relax and recharge!
Upcoming Chicago Trip
Dates of the Chicago Trip: Friday, March 22nd- Sunday, March 24th
TRIO SSS has six open spots for our trip to Chicago on Friday, March 22nd thru Sunday, March 24th, 2024. Spot availability is first come, first serve.
If you would like to attend the trip please fill out the following form by Thursday, February 29th, 2024: https://forms.office.com/r/FieZwiVvKz The first six students will be contacted with additional information, so please check your email after completing the form.
Any questions, email email@example.com.
TRIO SSS is excited to welcome back on campus a few returning Learning Group (LG) Leaders as well as a number of new LG Leaders. It’s going to be an awesome Spring 2024 semester having these energized and resourceful LG leaders to support our incoming new SSS students!
The UW Oshkosh SSS/SSS STEM programs are 100% funded through TRIO grants from the U.S. Department of Education. The award numbers are P042A200162 and P042A200357 at an estimated $3.6 million for the 2020 to 2025 program years.
THE CENTER FOR