Strategic Priority B—Promote Academic Excellence
Goal 1: Offer challenging, globally-focused and inspiring undergraduate and graduate curricula.
- Enhance student learning through innovative teaching and learning experiences that utilize technology, global and experiential learning, interdisciplinary approaches and capstone experiences.
- Regularly evaluate and modify curriculum at all levels to ensure a focus on student engagement and the enhancement of creative and critical thinking.
- Regularly review all academic programs for quality and ensure the achievement of the essential learning outcomes through rigorous assessment processes.
Goal 2: Create a research-enhanced comprehensive university.
- Increase research expenditures, grants and contracts.
- Enable faculty research, creative activities and grantsmanship.
- Increase support and expand graduate programs to meet the needs of the region and state.
- Increase the involvement of faculty and staff in external professional organizations that support research efforts.
- Create new organizational structures that support academic excellence and innovation.
Goal 3: Transform the life of the faculty.
- Review and revise current faculty and instructional academic staff workload policies and evaluation procedures to better balance effectiveness, efficiency and quality of work life.
- Support faculty engagement in best practices related to teaching and research.
- Create additional opportunities that allow faculty and staff greater choice on career focus.