Lawton Undergraduate Minority
Retention Grant (Lawton Grant)
The Lawton Undergraduate Minority Retention Grant (Lawton Grant) is available to eligible underrepresented racial/ethnic minority students at the University. Eligible students may receive up to $4,000 per academic year for four years with a maximum of $16,000 per student.
To be considered (new or returning applicants) for the Lawton Grant, students must meet all eligibility requirements, complete their FAFSA, fill out the Lawton Grant application and complete a financial literacy activity by March 15.
For more information or questions, please e-mail Byron Adams at email@example.com or call (920) 424-3081.
- Must have completed at least 24 credits
- Must be a full-time student at UW Oshkosh (special students and students working toward a second undergraduate degree are not eligible)
- Must be enrolled in and complete at least 24 credits per academic year
- Must be African American, Hispanic/Latino(a) American, American Indian/Native American/Indigenous, or Southeast Asian American (Cambodian, Laotian, Vietnamese, or Hmong descent)
- Must be in good academic standing (earned a minimum of a 2.0 GPA) to be eligible
- To be eligible for renewal, you must be in good academic standing and make SAP requirements
- Must be a United States citizen or have a permanent resident status
- Must be a Wisconsin resident (Minnesota/Illinois Reciprocity students are not eligible)
- Must demonstrate financial need via FAFSA application