Lawton Undergraduate Minority
The Lawton Undergraduate Minority Retention Grant (Lawton Grant) is available to eligible underrepresented racial/ethnic minority students at the University. Eligible students may receive up to $4,000 per academic year for four years with a maximum of $16,000 per student.
To be considered (new or returning applicants) for the Lawton Grant, students must meet all eligibility requirements, complete their FAFSA, fill out the Lawton Grant application and complete a financial literacy activity on D2L by March 15.
For more information, email Byron Adams at email@example.com or call (920) 424-3081.
- Must have completed at least 24 credits
- Must be a full-time student at UWO (special students and students working toward a second undergraduate degree are not eligible)
- Must be enrolled in and complete at least 24 credits per academic year
- Must be African American, Hispanic/Latino(a), Native American or Southeast Asian (Cambodian, Laotian, Vietnamese, Hmong)
- Must be in good academic standing (earned a minimum of a 2.0 GPA) to be eligible
- To be eligible for renewal, you must be in good academic standing and making SAP requirements
- Must be a United States citizen or have a permanent resident status
- Must be a Wisconsin resident (Minnesota Reciprocity students are NOT eligible)
- Must demonstrate financial need via FAFSA application
Apply for Lawton Grant HERE.