Roger E. Guiles Leadership/Scholarship Award
Download the 2021 Roger E. Guiles Leadership-Scholarship Award Nomination Form or pick it up in the Office of Student Affairs, Dempsey 148.
The award is made yearly to a full-time student in their fourth semester at UW Oshkosh who has exhibited leadership in student activities (excluding athletic participation*) and good scholarship (as reflected in G.P.A.), and who most notably represents a reflection of the ideal (gestalt) of the University. The applicants must have demonstrated
a) completed at least 42 credit hours
b) the ability to work within the system, and
c) leadership in attracting other students to become positively involved in
Students must be nominated for this award. Self-nominations are not accepted.
The award consists of a scholarship of approximately $1000 to be applied as a credit against the recipient’s fall and spring semester tuition in 2021–22. Nominations may be made by students, faculty, or staff of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh.
DEADLINE: The nomination form and all supporting documentation must be received in the Office of Student Affairs c/o Ashley Behling (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dempsey 148, no later than 4:00p.m. on Friday, March 1, 2021. Talk to someone today and ask them to nominate you!
Chancellor’s Award for Excellence
The Chancellor’s Award for Excellence is intended to recognize a senior student who:
- Possesses high academic and leadership qualities;
- Demonstrates a commitment to the ideals of excellence and service to others.
- Has an anticipated graduate date between May of 2021 and January of 2022.
The criteria for this award include:
- Academic performance, 3.0 GPA at time of application;
- University-related service; and
- Community involvement (excluding athletic participation).
Faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to nominate senior students for this recognition. Self-nominations will not be accepted. The student must be nominated.
How to nominate a student:
- Talk to the student you would like to nominate.
- The student needs to go into Academic Works (https://uwosh.academicworks.com/) and fill in their information for the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence.
- The student should list you as the nominator. They will also need to list two additional faculty members to provide a reference letter.
- The nominator and references will receive an email from Academic Works asking them to upload their nomination/reference letter.
NOTE: The deadline for all paperwork to be submitted has been extended to Friday, February 12th, 2021 by 4:30 p.m.