Health Promotion Events and Outreach
Health education services provided by the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Student Health Center are listed below:
- Campus-wide events and campaigns
- Classroom presentations
- Presentations or guest speaking for student organizations
- Residence Life presentations
- Health information via social media, email, brochures, etc.
- Peer Health Advocate Program
BikeOsh: Saturday, May 5 from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Hop on your bike for the BikeOsh Ride to promote and celebrate a bike-friendly Oshkosh! Print your own or pick up your pedal pass at any of the pit stop locations. Use you pass as a guide for Oshkosh bike facilities, routes, and pit stops. Turn in your pass at the final stop (Seniors Center) by 1:00pm for your chance to win raffle prizes.
Healthy Breakfast Snack Stand
The Health Breakfast Snack Stand will make a few appearances throughout the year. Stop by the Titan Life Dome for healthy on-the-go breakfast snacks.
Upcoming stand: Thursday, May 3, 2018 from 7:00 – 10:00 AM in Sage Lobby.
Mobile Health Promotion
Keep an eye out for mobile Health Promotion programs in our new vehicle this year!
Fruit Fridays will occur a few times each semester and are weather pending. Stop by our vehicle on these days for FREE fresh fruit.
Healthy Eating on a Budget
The Healthy Eating on a Budget Workshop provide education and training on the following topics:
- Grocery shopping tips and tricks
- Weekly meal planning
- Developing skills to make budget-friendly food decisions
Classroom or Student Org Presentations
Presentations and workshops may cover a range of behavioral health topics, including:
- Sleep hygiene
- Sexual health and relationships
- Physical activity and exercise
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Stress/anxiety management
- Nutrition and meal planning
- Sexual assault and violence prevention
- Careers in health promotion and public health